We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Park ticket dilemma, advice please

Scotland
Level Contributor
310 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Park ticket dilemma, advice please

We are a family of 4 (age 51,44,27 and 12 - so all considered adults I think for park tickets!) and are trying to make sense of the many options for Park tickets. We are struggling so if anyone can help at all with advice I would be so grateful.

We have been to Orlando once before, and did WDW 14 day passes so didn't get to Universal at all, but did a few days at MK, AK etc plus the water parks.

We will be wanting to still spend a day or 2 in the WDW parks, and I guess a few days in the Universal Parks and want to remain fairly flexible. I have seen numerous ticket choices, which can add up to about £350 per person, although there are some at about £200. I just don't know what to go for - help please!

Can anyone even tell me the price for daily tickets (if they are available) for each of the parks? Perhaps I am being thick, but I am having a tough time trying to work out the best deals. Thank you!

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
22,026 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Park ticket dilemma, advice please

You can buy Disney and Universal and SeaWorld tickets at the gate. You can get a day or however long you want. Disney has various options;the price for a one day ticket is $95 but it is less per day if you buy a multiday ticket. You can add on the Hopper option which allows you to go from one Disney park to another on the same day-without it,its one park a day. Best prices are at www.undercovertourist.com. Check the Universal website for their deals,they sometimes have 2 days for the price of 1 and so on. You are not being thick...and its smart to think about what you want to do and the appropriate tickets ahead of time;otherwise,you are standing at the ticket booths trying to figure all this out and it can really be confusing.

Manchester
Level Contributor
3,151 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Park ticket dilemma, advice please

The uk universal 14 day tickets work out the same price roughly as paying for 2 days in orlando , if you are going to be spending a lot of time at disney then i do recommend the 14 day tickets i think we average 10 days at disney parks/waterparks each year so the 14 day uk tickets are good value for us each time plus we sometimes spend an evening in disney quest if we have had a pool day or been somewhere else for the day.

You need to guess how many days you may want to spend at disney and also whether you wanted to visit the water parks or have the ability to hop between parks etc . We like to occaisonally hop between Magic Kingdom and Epcot. If you decide you dont want water parks/hopping/disney quest and only a few days there then you may be better of with a Magic your Way ticket.

pa
Level Contributor
54,485 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Park ticket dilemma, advice please

If only wanting a few days worth of tickets, have a look at www.undercovertourist.com or just buy at the Gate, there aren't any real discounts on "just a few days" for either Disney or Universal

Edited: 05 May 2013, 23:24
Hampshire, England
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Park ticket dilemma, advice please

Have a look into these tickets... still some trawling to go through with different ticket options on offer, but lots of choices too.

http://www.magicaltickets.co.uk/index.htm

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,400 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Park ticket dilemma, advice please

Sarahsmum, I would decide what parks you want to visit before pricing/buying tickets. If you want to do more time at Universal then I would recommend the 14 day ticket for UK residents. We have rarely gone to Disney for more than 2 days these last few years so just pay at the gate. If you want to visit Seaworld and have a car you can pick discounted tickets up at Publix supermarket.

Edited: 06 May 2013, 00:07
6. Re: Park ticket dilemma, advice please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 May 2014, 06:18