We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rides to avoid in MK or Epcot for the weak stomach

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Rochester, MN
Level Contributor
993 posts
169 reviews
Save Topic
Rides to avoid in MK or Epcot for the weak stomach

Hi,

Less than a week until we arrive in Orlando. Will be doing MK for a day, and probably Epcot for the other. I would like to know what rides are really a bad idea for the 'center of balance' challenged persons, like myself? My wife and child seem to do well on most things, but I simply cannot take rides that spin too much OR rides that play with my eyes and balance with an onscreen display and movement. In a nutshell, what rides tend to make people sick? I want to avoid those.

Thanks,

Halifax
Level Contributor
756 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rides to avoid in MK or Epcot for the weak stomach

not really many of those at disney

at epcot you might want to avoid mission space and you should read up on soarin (great ride and quite gentle but it does simulate gliding)

mk i would avoid space mountain as it is rickety

Rochester, MN
Level Contributor
993 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rides to avoid in MK or Epcot for the weak stomach

Will do.

Just want to avoid losing cookies in a trash can if you know what I mean.

Livingston...
Level Contributor
501 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rides to avoid in MK or Epcot for the weak stomach

Magic Kingdom - do not go on Space Mountain if you cannot stand those types of rides. My mum hates rollercoasters and we had no idea what it was until we got on the ride itself. My mum sat on the front row and came off nearly sick as she cannot handle any rides like that.

Epcot - Test Drive is it called? I think that would be the main one to stay away from in Epcot as there isnt too many other rides in Epcot or fast paced ones.

Not sure of any other ones the stick out.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rides to avoid in MK or Epcot for the weak stomach

Mission Space is the only one my stomach doesn't like. Also I can't do the 360 film shows in Canada & China around the world showcase they make me feel icky too.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,439 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rides to avoid in MK or Epcot for the weak stomach

In MK, you definitely want to give the Teacup ride a miss. In Epcot...Soarin' and Mission Space may not sit well with you. What a shame, as Soarin' is a popular ride. Perhaps if you took some motion sickness pills before arriving at parks it would help or maybe those wristband things that are meant to help balance?

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rides to avoid in MK or Epcot for the weak stomach

Oh yeah I forgot about the Teacups YUK!!!

Iowa
Level Contributor
1,448 posts
454 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rides to avoid in MK or Epcot for the weak stomach

My husband has a hard time too sometimes with motion sickness. He does take Dramamine before heading to the parks each day, and that helps a bit.

The main ride he avoided in Magic Kingdom was the teacups ride. He rode Space Mountain once--and vowed never again. He said that because it was dark, it made his motion sickness much worse. I've never ridden it, but apparently you can't see when the drops are coming. He did fine on Splash Mountain, Big Thunder, Dumbo, an any of the other rides in MK.

Epcot, I know Test Track bothered him a bit, even though he rode it two or three times. He rode Mission Space (the mild version). and felt sick. He totally avoided Soarin', as watching any type of screen while moving really makes him sick. From what I remember, all the other Epcot rides he did were fine.

west yorkshire
Level Contributor
803 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rides to avoid in MK or Epcot for the weak stomach

Im not one for rides and i went to ride soarin 3 times but got put off everytime , i even read the sign before the ride an put me off even more , but i must say i am glad i did it , it was one of the best rides and theres nothing 2 it.

aurora, co
Level Contributor
4,546 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rides to avoid in MK or Epcot for the weak stomach

My stomach is sensitive, too, haven't had any problem with Soarin'. Do avoid those rockets that whip around in a circle up high in tomorrowland.

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
10,096 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rides to avoid in MK or Epcot for the weak stomach

In MK............ Small World...........

In Epcot......... Nemo............