We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wheelchair hire Swan hotel

CUMBRIA
Level Contributor
105 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Wheelchair hire Swan hotel

Please can anyone tell me if its possible to hire on arrival, & if so how long does it take? I've tried emails to companies on Disney site asking about folding chairs with no joy. Now thinking of waiting till we get there. I don't want to hire on parks as going to seaworld, universal etc as well. Thanks

Magic Kingdom Park
Disney Parks & Activities, Theme Parks
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Epcot
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
Water Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,977 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wheelchair hire Swan hotel

Are you wanting an actual wheelchair or one of those scooters? There are several companies around the area who will deliver, but don't think you can "hire" from the hotel itself.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,782 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wheelchair hire Swan hotel

The concierge at the Swan/Dolphin arranged a wheelchair rental for us several years ago. They use an outside company, but it was very easy. The chair was waiting for us at the hotel when we arrived, and we left it with the concierge when we left. Having it at the hotel - rather than renting in the parks - was a good idea, since there can be a lot of walking just around the resorts, as well as simply getting from the hotel to the parks. I don't remember the cost, but it was very reasonable - no more than $10 or so more for the whole week than we would have spent simply to rent daily in the parks.

But I would definitely arrange for this in advance. Contact the concierge a few weeks before your arrival.

Edited: 29 March 2013, 16:54
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
22,092 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wheelchair hire Swan hotel

Check www.mousesavers.com.they have some companies recommended-we last rented a wheelchair about a year ago so I'm not sure who to recommend. And calling the concierge is a great idea;we have found the Swan and Dolphin to be far more responsible and heloful than Disney hotel management when it comes to things like this.

CUMBRIA
Level Contributor
105 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wheelchair hire Swan hotel

Thanks a lot for all your replies

It's a manual wheelchair I'm wanting not a scooter or anything electric. I never thought of contacting the hotel before arriving, great idea. We have booked a package holiday so don't have a hotel ref. but I expect nearer the time they should have our names. Or they can tell me what I need info I need.

Thanks very much

5. Re: Wheelchair hire Swan hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 March 2014, 05:17