We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Univeral Studios Front of Line or Q Jump Pass

Edinburgh Scotland
Level Contributor
186 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Univeral Studios Front of Line or Q Jump Pass

Holiday Makers from the U.K. are paying a lot of money to holiday in Orlando and when I was last there I saw young couples with 2 or 3 children from the U.K. standing in line for up to an hour to get on most of the popular rides and Front of Line or Q Jump pass people zooming past them which in turn forces them to wait even longer.

A lot of these young famlies cannot afford to pay extra for these Q Jump passes and in my opinion they should be stoped and all clients of Universal Studios should be treated equally not jump the Q just because they have more money to spend.

Your Views Please

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
1,641 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Univeral Studios Front of Line or Q Jump Pass

I do not agree! I dont have loads of money either but ive saved hard this past few years and will be spending one night at a universal resort to make use of the unlimited express passes..

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
1,641 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Univeral Studios Front of Line or Q Jump Pass

Lots of people on here buy those passes or stay the night so you may just get a lot of people who will strongly DISAGREE with you.. Good luck!

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,866 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Univeral Studios Front of Line or Q Jump Pass

Sorry I also disagree, we always stay on site for us/ioa. Wouldn't do it any other way, it's a great perk :)

Belleville, Ontario
Level Contributor
625 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Univeral Studios Front of Line or Q Jump Pass

I agree with you that people who spend more money should be able to laugh past those of us who don't. However, this a reality that won't change. We go to Florida at March Break each year and can't afford to stay on-site at Universal or Disney. We have had wonderful vacations at both parks through careful planning. I admit though our last four day trip to Universal I bought the Express pass for my two teens and myself so we could live life rich on our last day. I gave in and we enjoyed the day. Not really fair but what can you do?

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
10,298 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Univeral Studios Front of Line or Q Jump Pass

It's "not" a perk if you pay for it...........

It's a cost that you decide if its worth it for you.......

Personally I think it's a disgrace...........

If you stop on site & it's added to your stay, that's one thing, but if your not & you've paid a lot of money for park tickets, to then be asked to pay extra to queue jump............. Disgraceful rip off........

I can clearly see, to offer it when staying on site, will attract people to "perhaps" stay on site...... No problems with that at all.......... That "is" a perk........

I will "never" pay for it as an extra though........... Having spent $1000 on Annual Passes, I've spent enough.....

If its busy....... I walk on bye........ Oh the times I've seen the stand by queue move just as fast as the Express Line.......lol....... or should I say, the stand by line moving nice & steady, because no one is in the Express Line, only for someone, who "may" have paid for that pass to wander straight through, no quicker...........

They push so hard for you to buy this extra, at times it's embarrassing......... Especially when the parks are not very busy:-):-):-):-)

On a side note....... What would happen if "everyone" had the Express Pass????........lol.........

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
1,641 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Univeral Studios Front of Line or Q Jump Pass

They only have a certain amount so everyone having one wouldnt be possible...

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
10,298 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Univeral Studios Front of Line or Q Jump Pass

So if almost everyone who visited the park on a particular day, was staying on site........

They would automatically have the pass..........

Which queue line would they go down????????

At least they wouldn't be able to try to rip off any of the others who had only bought park passes;-);-);-);-);-)

Edited: 01 April 2013, 17:00
Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
40,090 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Univeral Studios Front of Line or Q Jump Pass

I have the luxury of being able to go during times of the year when Express Passes are unnecessary due to smaller crowds, so I never have a need for them.

The many times we've been to Universal, we've never had to wait more than 15 to 20 minutes for any ride in the standby lines, and most of the time, it's more like 5 to 10 minutes.

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
1,641 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Univeral Studios Front of Line or Q Jump Pass

I have no idea! I suppose its probably never happened.. Im going in May, and this is the first time ive done this.. And for £180 for three people i think it should defintley be worth it! I have previously stood in line while express people passed me by and was always very jealous... Now its my turn 😁

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
10,298 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Univeral Studios Front of Line or Q Jump Pass

That should put a big smile of your face Beverley.......lol.......

We're staying there for 5 nights later this year (usually stay at Disney) before going to SS.......

So I'll also be trying this "perk".............. With a smile of course........

I just think its poor for them to charge it as an extra to add to (normal) park tickets......... & people say its Disney who try to squeeze every last penny out of you..........lol........