We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gatorland v/s Everglades Alligator Park....what is the diff?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newyork, NY
Level Contributor
173 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Gatorland v/s Everglades Alligator Park....what is the diff?

We along with 2 kids 5 & 6 are travelling next week to Florida and covering Orlando, Miami and the Keys. I was looking into these Gator parks and couldn't understand which one to pick. Can someone please guide me for this?

Also, with kids of this age, is there anything in Universal Studio that will be of their interest?

This forum has always been very useful and looking forward for some useful tips again.

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
14,199 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gatorland v/s Everglades Alligator Park....what is the diff?

Gatorland is more like a small theme park with a few rides, a gator show, gator feeding and a nature walk. The Everglades is a national park with airboat rides, canoes & kayaks, nature trails,etc. It is hundreds of acres of wilderness. You will see more gators, birds and other wildlife in their natural habitat in the Everglades.

Newyork, NY
Level Contributor
173 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gatorland v/s Everglades Alligator Park....what is the diff?

Thankyou bornwithwheels!

I know my answer to my next question will be very subjective, but still want to know which one is better?

Iowa
Level Contributor
1,448 posts
454 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gatorland v/s Everglades Alligator Park....what is the diff?

I bet OP means the Everglades Alligator Farm, which is an attraction near Flamingo.

OP--I'd be tempted to skip both attractions, and instead visit Everglades National Park. They have tram tours at Shark Valley that sound good. No personal experience though, as we haven't been to the Everglades yet (I've been planning for a future trip...)

Iowa
Level Contributor
1,448 posts
454 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gatorland v/s Everglades Alligator Park....what is the diff?

By the way, from what I've read they don't allow airboat rides in the National Park, although you can ride one outside the boundaries of the park.

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
13,695 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gatorland v/s Everglades Alligator Park....what is the diff?

We have been to the Alligator Park in the Everglades and to Gatorland. We saw masses of gators in both parks but we preferred Gatorland. However, at the Everglades Alligator Park you can do an airboat ride if you want to. Why don't you drive a bit further into the Everglades because about 15 mins further on from the Alligator Park, is the Anhinga Trail. There you will see hundreds of alligators in the wild, along with birds, turtles etc etc. It is well worth a visit IMHO.

kansas city
Level Contributor
614 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gatorland v/s Everglades Alligator Park....what is the diff?

Lots of stuff in Universal, use the link bar on the right of this link and explore, my five year old loved fievels playground, shrek, .....

https:/…Universal-Studios-Florida.aspx

you will need to check the height requirements, and here is the link for the sister park, links on the right side of the page also:

https:/…Islands-of-Adventure.aspx

We have only been to gatorland the kids liked it, but to compare you will probably have to use the search bar for the forum, or post one closer to the keys. The price is close, do both.

Newyork, NY
Level Contributor
173 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gatorland v/s Everglades Alligator Park....what is the diff?

Thank you all!

Anhinga Trail looks interesting as well. Is it free? Also, how much time are we looking to spend there?

I am looking into Universal Studio now. Thankyou!

8. Re: Gatorland v/s Everglades Alligator Park....what is the diff?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2014, 05:15