We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

value or moderate $700 difference

Level Contributor
66 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
value or moderate $700 difference

I really promise this is my last question lol

Two adults and a 13 year old girl and 10 year old boy. If we stay at a value resort I save $700 but my kids will be sharing a small bed. Stay at a moderate resort i spend 700 more but kids share queen bed. Will be at the park majority of the day everyday anyway please help me choose

Level Contributor
66 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: value or moderate $700 difference

Going for 11 full nights

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
18,527 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: value or moderate $700 difference

Is that the regular price or with a room discount?

http://mousemisers.com/

partypa reported the summer discounts are out

Edited: 05 April 2013, 19:13
Level Contributor
66 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: value or moderate $700 difference

Summer discounted already so 11 full nights to stay at a moderate would be 700 more.

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,680 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: value or moderate $700 difference

when you say "small bed" do you mean double bed? A double bed is fine for two kids to share. If that is your only concern, save the $700.

Once you are there, you are going to ask yourself why did I fret so much over the resort...it's not that big a deal

pa
Level Contributor
54,382 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: value or moderate $700 difference

That is only $63.63 per night, a very good deal, well worth the upgrade, more amenities, more space, more "Resort" feeling :)

You could stay at PORiverside and get a room with a Murphy bed or get a rollaway bed and they wouldn't have to share at all

And as Princess has asked, is that with the August discount ?

Elk Grove Village...
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: value or moderate $700 difference

If you are pricing your trip on the Disney website, you will need to find that "Special Offers" section. Just putting your dates into the main "book your trip" part of the website will not automatically give you the special offer, even if your dates are in the proper range.

To us, the biggest difference isn't even the bed size, it's the room size. The rooms at the Moderates are 55 sq. ft. more than at the Values (80 sq. ft. more at Caribbean Beach, although CBR also has full size beds). 55 or 80 sq. ft. may not sound like a lot, but after a few days, you really notice it. We really start to feel cramped in a Value room after 3 or 4 nights. If we are going for longer than that, we stay at a Moderate if we can fit it in the budget.

Iowa
Level Contributor
1,448 posts
465 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: value or moderate $700 difference

I'd go with the value, and save the $700.

As for the kids sharing a bed, you could always being an air mattress from home for them to take turns sleeping on.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
18,527 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: value or moderate $700 difference

I've told you my opinion before, but I'll say it again (especially for 11 nights), you will be happier and more comfy in queen size beds. Also the reasons Partypa and Gleece gave (amenities, pool slide, size of the room itself).

New York
Level Contributor
937 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: value or moderate $700 difference

We've done both and even stayed off-site, here's my take.......IF there's room in the budget, I'd go moderate. It's quieter, less crowded, better pools, restaurants, sleeping arrangements, etc. When going 10/11 days like you are (and we do), some days end up being "resort" days where you'll appreciate the upgrades. If spending the $700 on room means you'll be packing & hauling snacks & meals, won't have room for souvenirs, etc - then I vote for value. Hope that helps! Have fun :)

New York
Level Contributor
937 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: value or moderate $700 difference

We've done both and even stayed off-site, here's my take.......IF there's room in the budget, I'd go moderate. It's quieter, less crowded, better pools, restaurants, sleeping arrangements, etc. When going 10/11 days like you are (and we do), some days end up being "resort" days where you'll appreciate the upgrades. If spending the $700 on room means you'll be packing & hauling snacks & meals, won't have room for souvenirs, etc - then I vote for value. Hope that helps! Have fun :)