We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best resort for EPCOT?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
USA
Level Contributor
752 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Best resort for EPCOT?

We want easy access to EPCOT. Would you recommend the Disney Beach Resort? I was told that if we want to be close to the EPCOT entrance, that's one place. But we will be far from the transportation to the rest of the parks. What would be the ideal location in terms of rooms, then?

pa
Level Contributor
53,716 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best resort for EPCOT?

If wanting to be near Epcot, we prefer the Boardwalk Inn. You walk or boat to both Epcot and Hollywood Studios. Bus to Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, both Water Parks and Downtown Disney

www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2861186

Overall, our favorite Resort is the Wilderness Lodge, peaceful and beautiful, transport to magic Kingdom is Boat or Bus, transport to all other Parks is by Bus. It is always priced lower than the other Deluxe Resorts, we enjoy that bit a lot :)

www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2969675

Edited: 05 April 2013, 20:09
Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
16,973 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best resort for EPCOT?

We love the Beach Club, have stayed there twice. Yes it is the closest to Epcot but any of the three (Beach, Yacht club, Boardwalk) would be in walking distance. We like the atmosphere there and the pool area :)

Elk Grove Village...
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best resort for EPCOT?

Transportation from the Beach Club to the rest of the parks isn't so bad. You can take the boat or walk to Hollywood Studios, and you can catch buses right out front that will take you to Magic Kingdom or Animal Kingdom.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
16,973 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best resort for EPCOT?

We requested and were placed right near the quiet pool, that would be my recommendation for room location (just ask for the furthest hallway towards Epcot, one trip we were in a noisy hallway that must have been a main walkway).

USA
Level Contributor
752 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best resort for EPCOT?

Wow, thanks for all the great suggestions! I did think about the Boardwalk, but I heard it was noisy. Could have been just the location of my friend's room.

We have stayed at the Yacht many times. How is the Beach different from the Yacht?

Thanks again for all the feedback. They are very helpful!

Harleysville...
Level Contributor
1,056 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best resort for EPCOT?

We love Boardwalk Villas and will be staying there again in May. We have never had a noise problem even the 2 times our room have faced the Luna Park pool. Perhaps your friends room overlooked the "Boardwalk" where the restaurants and shops are. Those rooms will be noisier due to the location.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best resort for EPCOT?

With respect to post 5, the Yacht is closer to the conventioner center shared by the Yacht and Beach, and as a result (and maybe because of its more formal lobby and restaurants) seems to get a lot more adults and a lot fewer kids than the Beach Club. Neverthelss, I have not found that there was a lot of kid noise in the Beach Club rooms as long as you are on an upper floor in an area that is away from the elevators.

Paradise, California
Level Contributor
324 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best resort for EPCOT?

swan and dolphin to save a few bucks. Its a starwood property which means westin beds!!!

USA
Level Contributor
752 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best resort for EPCOT?

We stay at the Yacht frequently. My daughter said maybe we should try something new. The Boardwalk sounds like it would work also.

what room would be the quietest and most convenient to the parks?

USA
Level Contributor
752 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best resort for EPCOT?

THe trip advisor reviews for the Boardwalk are plus and minus...