We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gaylord Palms Resort Buffet

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cumbria, England
Level Contributor
217 posts
Save Topic
Gaylord Palms Resort Buffet

We fly to Orlando in a few weeks for our 4th visit.

I have just been looking through the restaurants in the area on TA and found Gaylord Palms Resort Buffet gets decent reviews.

Does anyone know if you can "walk in off the street" and go, is it as good as the reviews suggest, what sort of food do they server and how much is it, 2 kids and 2 teens!

Thanks in advance

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
16,750 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Gaylord Palms Resort Buffet

Villa de Flora is very good. And the Gaylord an impressive hotel to visit. The restaurant is particularly popular at holidays, brunch, etc. when I would definitely want a reservation. On a regular evening I'm guessing you can walk in without problems. They do do a Shrek thing on the weekends now too I think.

Off the top of my head prices are around $30/adult. Holidays are more like twice that.

Sample menus marriott.com/hotelwebsites/…20Menus.pdf

jamesville ny
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers
Level Contributor
5,537 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gaylord Palms Resort Buffet

I haven't been but I know during the holidays a reservation is a must. I too have read great reviews.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
16,750 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Gaylord Palms Resort Buffet

Gaylord charges for parking. Be sure to take your ticket inside to be validated or you'll be dropping close to $20 to get out.

Leamington Spa...
Level Contributor
189 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gaylord Palms Resort Buffet

We go to Villa de Flora every time we go to Orlando. In fact, we always go about 3 times in our 3 week vacation. The food is spectacular, and my 9 year old granddaughter loves it. When I was doing our itinerary last week for our forthcoming holiday, she said 'you haven't forgotten to put down 'Gaylords' on the list, have you?'

Unless you are going at a very busy period, you don't need to book, we just phone the day before, from Florida, and they can usually fit us in. BTW, if you want a good view of the lovely atrium, ask for a table in the 'patio' area when you phone.

Have a great time!!

5. Re: Gaylord Palms Resort Buffet

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 April 2014, 06:16