We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family of 7 1st time visit

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Longford, Ireland
Level Contributor
40 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Family of 7 1st time visit

Hi I have a family of 7 2 adults and kids will b 16 13 12 11 and 6 when we travel. have been looking for the last 6 months at all the info and I have a few questions. we have been to Disneyland paris and kids loved it. They love the water parks so was thinking of doing the Disney parks and waterparks will be staying for 12 days doing 2 days at parks and 3rd day rest day and so on then spending 3 days in newyork on the way home. We will stay in a villa and rent a car it works out way chearper.

My questions are when would the best time to go we are thinking end of jan/start of feb. or end of oct/start of November 2014. we don't like it to hot!!!!! and we don't mind taking the kids out of school

Do the places on idrive have parking???

where can I get info on the kids eat free cards???

how ease is it to drive over there(we are from Ireland)

Its a big trip for us so want to plan as much as possible but do know from when we went to paris that things change. I don't want to fit in all the parks as I think it will be to much in just 12 days but am open to what parks to do. Thanks for ur help

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,288 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family of 7 1st time visit

Jan/Feb weather is iffy (if water parks are important would not go at that time). New York could possibly be very cold at that time (hard to say, of course, you never know). Out of the two choices, I would go with Oct/Nov for weather.

pa
Level Contributor
53,806 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Family of 7 1st time visit

Oct/Nov would be by far, the better time to visit both FL and NY

Do you mean hotels with Parking on IDrive ?

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family of 7 1st time visit

End of Oct. and early November also means being able to do Halloween and Christmas activities at the parks. In January and February, it is just cold and no major celebrations.

Longford, Ireland
Level Contributor
40 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family of 7 1st time visit

Thanks for that looks like oct/November for us then as the water parks would be important for them.

re the idrive if we were eating out do most placese have parking outside???

Thanks again

manchester
Level Contributor
3,571 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Family of 7 1st time visit

Most of the restaurants on idrive have parking outside , if you are eating a restaurant at Pointe Orlando there is a carpark at the complex

Longford, Ireland
Level Contributor
40 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Family of 7 1st time visit

thanks for the reply. it is good to know we can park out side or at least near by. have not looked into eating out in the evening yet just mainly looking at were to stay and getting about. I would love a hotel but wit 7 of us its cheaper to rent a villa and have to say a car would be great as I hate having to wait for buses. not to sure how is looking forward to it most me or the kids !!!!!

7. Re: Family of 7 1st time visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 April 2014, 06:16