We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 week Itinerary planned - advice/tips ?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
276 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
2 week Itinerary planned - advice/tips ?

We will be in Orlando from 26th august to the 9th september. Its mine & my boyfriends dream holiday which has been booked since april 2012! We booked everything through Virgin Holidays. We are staying at Disney Animal Kingdom Lodge and have the Disney Dining Plan and all park tickets.

Mon 26th - arrive at MCO approx 3:30pm, Disney Magical Express to AKL, check in & unpack, look around our resort then have dinner booked at Boma for 7:50pm. Probably need early night ready for our first full day!

Tues 27th - Buffet breakfast in hotel, then off to Magic Kingdom to spend the day there, dinner booked at Tony's Town Square 7:50pm, then to watch the Wishes fireworks.

Wed 28th - character breakfast booked for 8:35am at Animal Kingdom Park's Tusker House, stay in AK all day, dinner booked at 7:45pm at Rainforest Cafe, free thereafter to either go somewhere else (suggestions?) or just back to hotel.

Thurs 29th - Hollywood Studios for the day, dinner booked at Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater for 7:25pm then watch Fantasmic at 8:30pm so may have to eat fast! (checked schedule on WDWinfo)

Fri 30th - Relaxing pool day at our resort (AKL) to recharge the batteries! Breakfast & lunch in hotel, the mara or boma, then get nicely freshened up and dressed to head to Downtown Disney for dinner booked at T-Rex at 8:00pm, will stay on DD for rest of the night looking around etc... could check out Splitsville & disneyquest maybe.

Sat 31st - Epcot. Stay in park all day, dinner booked at La Hacienda de San Angel at 7:15pm, watch the illuminations 9pm.

Sun 1st - Out VERY early for Universal, head to Wizarding World of Harry Potter first (big big fan) then exlpore rest of IoA. If have time then also try do Universal Studios. Then night time check out CityWalk, especially the Bob Marley bar! Dinner on CityWalk, bubba gump shrimp looking the most likeliest choice so far, then probably go for drinks.

Mon 2nd - SeaWorld all morning until early afternoon, they if have time & we are up for it then head over to Aquatica for the rest of the afternoon. Back to hotel to get cleaned up as have dinner booked at Be Our Guest in MK for 9:15pm (its a late time as other times were booked up!)

Tues 3rd - Free day to have a rest, hang by the pool, may even check out Celebration Town for a nice walk round. Downtown Disney in the evening, dinner booked at House of Blues for 7:30pm, spend night on DD, could watch a film at cinema maybe.

Wed 4th - Discovery Cove. Breakfast & lunch there. Have our Dolphin Encounter booked during the day (excited!!!) Back to hotel to get cleaned up then head to Downtown Disney for dinner at Planet Hollywood booked for 8:00pm. Probably stay on downtown for remainder of the night again.

Thurs 5th - Busch Gardens all day. Dinner booked at Chef Mickey's at Contemporary Resort for 8:45pm, check out this other resort afterwards then head back to AKL.

Fri 6th - Free day. Could check out the other Universal park if didn't get chance the other day, otherwise pool day, or maybe even go to the nearest beach (which is? advice please on beaches) Have dinner booked for 8:15pm at Maya Grill at Coronado Springs resort.

Sat 7th - International Drive day. Want to check out Mall at Millenia to do LOTS of shopping, Ripley's Believe it or not maybe? (is this worth checking out?), want to go to the IceBar. Have dinner somewhere on ID or in the mall, maybe TGI Friday's as its our favourite here at home.

Sun 8th - Have breakfast booked at Cinderella's Royal Table in MK at 8:30am. Then spend the day at our favourite park, whichever that may be... do want to be at MK again at 9pm though to catch the Electrical Parade (basing this on the WDWinfo schedule) not booked anywhere for dinner this day as we will most likely try go back to our favourite if possible.

Mon 9th - flight home is not until 7pm. Is there enough time to do something fun/extra in the daytime? Suggestions please...

So as you can see we are more into places with a theme and atmosohere than signature dining! Thats just us! Any info/tips/advice/suggestions please share!

england
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 week Itinerary planned - advice/tips ?

WOW!! What a frantic time you have planned.

At the expense of sounding an old stick in the mud I would warn you that you may not be able to stick exactly to plan and end up giving yourself unecessary stress if you do. Try to work in a bit more relaxation. Maybe a couple of trips back to hotel which is easy by Disney transport during the day rather than spending all day then all evening with meal planned in a specific park.

You are staying in a nice hotel and it would be a shame not to make the most of it.

Also it will be HOT although I have experienced that often crowds not too bad end August/earlySept so you have picked a good time to go.

Are you doing any waterparks? If so I would spend some relaxation time there rather than heading to beach. Typhoon Lagoon is good for relaxing and you can find some quiet areas. Also the lazy river is soooo relaxing.

Have you considered going to Disney Boardwalk. It is a great evening venue and also nice to visit in the day and easy to get to Epcot or Disney Studios either walking or by boat.

Have fun......know you will and be talking of a return visit.!!!

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
12,626 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 week Itinerary planned - advice/tips ?

WOW indeed! What a strict schedule you have planned. Having visited Orlando many many times over the years, my best piece of advice would be to be flexible! Don't stress if you can't stick to your plan. You need quite a bit of time to relax IMHO as the heat will take its toll and you need to factor in weather and crowds too. Hope you have a great holiday!

derby
Level Contributor
232 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 week Itinerary planned - advice/tips ?

i would allow a day each for each universal parks as there brilliant

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,754 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 week Itinerary planned - advice/tips ?

Don't bother with Ripleys, we felt it was a waste of time & money & as others have said, be flexible.

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,101 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 week Itinerary planned - advice/tips ?

Wow you have done your research well and I think your itinery sounds excellent! I agree a day in typhoon lagoon would give you a bit of a breather. You may as well get as much done as you can for your dream holiday although the parks in the summer heat can be exhausting so some relaxation time will give you a chance to refuel.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
276 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 week Itinerary planned - advice/tips ?

thank you all for the replies. Taken all your comments on board. If we do feel like we need to go and refuel and relax in the afternoon we would be more than happy to go back to our hotel if needed. Although we just don't want to miss a thing! 135 days to go!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
250 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2 week Itinerary planned - advice/tips ?

hiya, first of all great itinerary! i dont know how old you and your bf are but i went with my bf in september (we are both 21) and we found we didnt actually need a rest day, i know a lot of people disagree with this but we just wanted to be up doing stuff every day! you can always leave parks early if you are tired or have a quick cat nap in the car park! maybe you could go to aquatica on one of your rest days, you dont even have to do the slides you can just lie on the artificial beach and float round the lazy river all day! you will defo have time to go and ride some of your favourite rides on your last day :) although you have your reservations, dont be too strict with other plans and HAVE FUN! :)

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
276 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 2 week Itinerary planned - advice/tips ?

We are 22 and 25. I think we may be the same as you as just want to be out there every day making the most of it! I guess it's just a case of seeing how we feel whilst we're there. The nap in car park is not an option though as we are not hiring a car, we will be using Disney transport for all Disney parks and other public transport to get to universal etc. Don't want to be too strict about any plans in the day times, just wanted dinner reservations booked to ensure we make the most of our dining plan at the restaurants we most want to visit. So in the day time we will try stick to the park we have chosen but if we need to go rest or leave early and then return we will be happy to do so. Just whatever we feel whilst there I guess I can't determine stuff like that now! Thanks for the help.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
250 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 2 week Itinerary planned - advice/tips ?

it wouldnt be too hard for you to go back to your accom for a rest though would it with you only being at AKL, we were in a villa about a 15/20 min drive from disney, perfect age to go i think young enough to still enjoy everything with the energy to do so yet old enough to make decisions and plans to fit everything in, you'll have a blast :)

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
276 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 2 week Itinerary planned - advice/tips ?

Thanks for the advice. Can not wait now its been our dream holiday for ages! Booked last April so it's been a long wait!