We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Epcot dining

Houston
Level Contributor
211 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Epcot dining

Planning a trip for September 2013 ~ have made dining plans, but now beginning to second guess myself. 3 boys with us ages 12, 8, and 6

Epcot Day ~ 8 AM Early EMH ~ Breakfast in room

Lunch 12:15 PM Germany Biergarten

Dinner 6:40 PM Garden Grill Dinner.

Perhaps we should only do one planned meal ~ lunch ~ and eat around the world stopping at various vendors/counter services for dinner?

Suggestions and comments?

pa
Level Contributor
54,260 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Epcot dining

We don't plan on two big table service meals a day, it is too much food and too much time

I would pick one or the other

aurora, co
Level Contributor
4,722 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Epcot dining

I would do Biergarten but skip another big meal at dinner. Biergarten is a buffet so you probably won't want to eat a big meal at dinner. Try Sunshine seasons; it's counter service but the choices are good and you can chose a little or a lot depending on how hungry you are. We love the little cherry tomatoes and fresh mozzarella with basil as a snack, so tasty!

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Epcot dining

One big meal a day is plenty for us. Lots of snacky things to try at EPCOT.

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
20,725 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Epcot dining

I'd do the Garden Grill dinner and just snack at lunch. We also like Sunshine Seasons very much and Biergarten has never been a favorite,the food is pretty heavy. Definitely would not do both in one day.You don't want to miss the French bakery either,its terrific.

Iowa
Level Contributor
1,448 posts
465 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Epcot dining

Agree with everyone else; I'd do just one sit down meal. Otherwise it's too much food not to mention all that time wasted sitting in the resaturant.

Do you have just one day for Epcot? In that case, if your kids really like rides I'd be tempted not to do any sit down meals and instead eat counter service to have more time for rides and attractions.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,875 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Epcot dining

Hi TexTed - We have done as you suggest and eat a meal at lunch and then the "snack around the world" for dinner. We would order counter service from 4 or 5 restaurants and share the food. Got to try lots of new food that way!

Edited: 08 April 2013, 17:50
Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Epcot dining

Nobody else seems to have mentioned that Garden Grill is an all you can eat family style dinner, so you will get plenty of food there and at Biergarden. I think your boys would like Garden Grill, as it has Disney characters in farmer attire (and is the only place left that has Chip and Dale). The Garden Grill also rotates around very slowly, so you can see part of the "Living with the Land" ride from behind. I am not sure if they would go for the food and music at Biergarden or not. As an adult who likes German food, and who is impressed by the entertainment there (the guy playing music on the saw just blew me away), I would recommend it to adults, but kids might turn up their noses at the food and be bored silly by the music. I think in your shoes I would go to Sunshine Seasons or the Electric Umbrella for lunch, and still do the Garden Grill for dinner.

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,534 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Epcot dining

Garden Grill for dinner!

Houston
Level Contributor
211 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Epcot dining

You all are the best ~ cancelling Biergarten and going with Garden Grill for dinner. (The six year would like to eat macaroni and cheese for breakfast, lunch, and dinner~ or of course he also loves cheese and macaroni!) Going on all the rides is a priority so sitting in two restaurants in one day is not a good idea as you all have pointed out. So we will eat lunch at whatever grabs our fancy~ Sunshine Seasons and those pastries all sound great. And by dinner time we will be ready to sit for awhile ~ at least grandpa and I will be ready to do so.

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
20,725 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Epcot dining

I think you will find that is a good choice,by the end of the day you will be ready for a sit down meal with some great character interaction and perhaps a glass of wine.