We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Very excited

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,688 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Very excited

Just got the green light from my daughter today to take the kids to Disney to see the Christmas decor this year. I have been trying for over a year to get to take them on my own. We are all going together in August, but after being there last Christmas season, I wanted the kids to experience that.

Our APs expire on December 5th, so it will most likely be a long weekend in November (Fri-Mon) so they don't miss too much school.

Does anyone know for SURE the dates that MVMCP, Osbourne lights and Candlelight processional start this year? Or is that info not available yet?

World of Disney
Disney Parks & Activities, Gift & Speciality Shops
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Epcot
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
Disney Parks & Activities, Gift & Speciality Shops
Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,525 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Very excited

Good news. I know that's something you were trying. The party and Osborne lights started on the 9th in 2012. Candlelight doesn't start until day after Thanksgiving typically.

pa
Level Contributor
54,713 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Very excited

Well Done

The dates will be similar to last year. Stay tuned for more announcements

www.wdwinfo.com/holidays/christmas_world.htm

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,688 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Very excited

Would it be crazy busy to go the weekend after Thanksgiving?

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Very excited

You lucky duck carmela :)

pa
Level Contributor
54,713 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Very excited

Busy ? yes. Crazy busy ? No, nothing like Christmas week

We have been for Thanksgiving, best make ADRs as soon as you can, that is where we found the crowds, no place to eat at Table Service Restaurants without an ADR

Manchester N.H.
Level Contributor
12,673 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Very excited

Hi Cahmellah..that's really good news!! Are you going to do a late flight home?? I always do that on shorter trips,so I get more Disney time."

Jet Blue has a couple of good non stop late flights. I know you'll have your grands with ya,so you might not want to,but I find you get more for the money that way.

I've been on one Nov.trip,and the weather was gorgeous.

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,688 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Very excited

I would not be there for Thanksgiving Day, I don't think...just the weekend after. Of course they have that Friday off from school which is a plus.

I checked the calendar and Thanksgiving is late this year, so that weekend is the last one before our APs expire.

It might be OK to miss the candlelight processional (they will be 7 and 5) but I def want to do MVMCP and Osborne lights..

Moose...I LOVE Jet Blue...it's my favorite airline! I agree about getting the late flights home to have more time. My daughter actually wants a 7 am flight for us going down in August which means getting up at 4 :( She likes to get a full day on the first day but I like my sleep

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
19,540 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Very excited

Good for you Carmela!!

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Very excited

The November calendar should be posted within two weeks, and I try to post the link when it comes out. Basically, nights when MK closes early are presumably going to be the nights for MVMCP. However, because Thanksgiving is as late as it can be this year, the Sunday and Monday after Thanksgiving will be in December, and the December calendar will not be out until around the third week of May. Hopefully Disney will have released MVMCP dates before then.

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,544 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Very excited

To help you plan, MVMCP is usually held on Sunday night, following Thanksgiving.

Enjoy!