We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

i-trolly or lynx

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
uk
Level Contributor
233 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
i-trolly or lynx

hi we go orlando in 2 weeks :) we went 2 years ago and used the i-trolly and got on quite well, but is it best to get a 2 week pass for the lynx? the parks we are going is universal, wet and wild, discovery cove and down town disney bush gds and space centre is sorted

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
8,352 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: i-trolly or lynx

You're staying on International Drive? The I-Ride Trolley goes within walking distance of Universal but nowhere near Disney, for which you need LYNX. Overall, the Lynx pass is the more useful.

uk
Level Contributor
233 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: i-trolly or lynx

yes staying on i drive will the lynx take you to universal and how long does it take?

derby
Level Contributor
232 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: i-trolly or lynx

where staying on i drive ?

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
7,930 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: i-trolly or lynx

The Lynx covers the I Ride route and much much more.

uk
Level Contributor
233 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: i-trolly or lynx

staying rosen inn pointe

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
8,352 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: i-trolly or lynx

Google Maps shows Lynx bus stops (with information for each stop). The Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando is served by the 8 and 42 buses. It'll take a change of buses to get to Disney or Universal. The Top Questions About Orlando on this page has an expert article on "What Bus Services Can I Use in Orlando".

Worksop, United...
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World, Kissimmee
Level Contributor
9,953 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: i-trolly or lynx

Here is how to work it out.....

First - there is nowhere that I-Ride goes that you can't also get within walking distance by LYNX. However LYNX goes many many places I-Ride doesn't.

A LYNX weekly pass is $16 so for two weeks it costs $32. An IRide pass is $18 for two weeks. The extra cost of LYNX passes instead of IRide passes for two weeks is therefore $14.

LYNX one way fare is $2. The $14 above represents the cost of 3 1/2 round trips at one-way fare. Therefore, if, during the course of your two-week stay you will visit anywhere beyond the I-Ride corridor more than three times then LYNX passes represent better value than a combination of I-Ride pass plus LYNX one way fares.

Possible and likely places that are served only by LYNX - Florida Mall, Millenia, Kissimmee, Disney, the Airport, etc etc......

And, of course, on IDrive itself, LYNX buses are more frequent and run for longer hours (late Sunday excepted) than I-Ride. Most consider LYNX buses more comfortable and less crowded, too. So it's all good, really. If that helps, then read: tripadvisor.com/Travel-g34515-c116996/Orland…

County Galway...
Level Contributor
2,705 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: i-trolly or lynx

Last month only used I trolley once Lynx much better and faster (not as many stops)

ashford, kent
Level Contributor
221 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: i-trolly or lynx

We stayed at the Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando and returned last week. The hotel has about 4 shuttles to Universal you should be able to catch one of them. Did not go to the other parks so cant help about that.

10. Re: i-trolly or lynx

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 April 2014, 06:18