We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much cash to bring?

Nebraska
Level Contributor
102 posts
Save Topic
How much cash to bring?

This is the first time we will be going to Disney and staying on a Disney property (only other time was a Make-A-Wish for our son). Are we able to charge all food/souiveniers to our room using our room key? If so, then I am thinking we won't need to have as much cash on hand. We leave Sunday, so just starting to take care of all the last minute details. I would prefer to just charge items and put them on the credit card already assigned to our room versus carrying case and cards around all day?

pa
Level Contributor
54,302 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How much cash to bring?

We use our Key to the World Card for charging and carry little cash. We plan for Tips at Table Service Restaurants and Tips for Mousekeeping and luggage assistance on the Magical Express, that's about it, maybe $25 per day or less

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
18,326 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much cash to bring?

Yes you can put your charge card details on your room key and charge everything back to the room. Enjoy your trip :)

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How much cash to bring?

Partypa - any reason that you bring cash for the tips at table service restaurant? My recollection is that we charged the tips to the roooms along with the meal cost, or do you always use the DDP and don't want to have to do a charge just for the tip?

I would also note that I always thought it was "Goofy" to charge snacks from vending carts (like Mickey head bars) to the room key, so we bring cash for that (as I recall, however, they are fairly pricey, like $4 a hit).

Nebraska
Level Contributor
102 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How much cash to bring?

I am sure we will carry some cash each day, but at least we won't have to have large amounts with us. You always try to make sure everything is "secure" on rides, but this will just be easier. Thanks for the help!

pa
Level Contributor
54,302 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: How much cash to bring?

I always leave a cash tip, habit wherever I dine, so there is no mistake on my bill, I write "cash" plain and simple

6. Re: How much cash to bring?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 April 2014, 06:17