We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bringing photo ID for payments

Peel, Isle Of Man
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Topic
bringing photo ID for payments

Hi

I've seen places have said you need photo ID when using a credit card.

Is this the case pretty much everywhere you use a credit card in Orlando? I'm just scared of bringing it out with us everyday and losing it!!

Thanks

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bringing photo ID for payments

If you have a photo driving licence use that, we always do and have never had any problems. Most shops only ask for ID for a larger purchases, carry a photocopy of your passport if you don't have a photo driving licence.

County Galway...
Level Contributor
2,742 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bringing photo ID for payments

For meals in retaurants and shopping at outlets i have never been asked for photo ID, More depressingly i have never been asked in a bar either.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
742 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bringing photo ID for payments

Sorry to hijack this thread a bit, but does anyone know if a driver's licence is acceptable ID for buying alcohol? I don't fancy bringing my passport around everywhere just to go shopping. We were never asked for ID on visiting the parks last time, I presume some people still bring a photocopy of their passport just in case? Is this sufficient?

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bringing photo ID for payments

If it's a photo driving licence that's fine. I only ever carry my D/L with me for ID and have been asked for ID many times, in bars, shops and they always accept it. I've never needed a photocopy of my passport.

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
16,708 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bringing photo ID for payments

"Sorry to hijack this thread a bit, but does anyone know if a driver's licence is acceptable ID for buying alcohol?"

ANY photo ID with your birth date should work.

Blackwood, United...
Level Contributor
4,911 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: bringing photo ID for payments

I don't have a photo driving licence, photocopy of my passport has always been accepted as ID

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
17,990 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: bringing photo ID for payments

I was asked to produce ID when buying handbags from Guess and somewhere else I can't remember

A driving licence was fine or you could use a copy of your passport

Colorado
Level Contributor
3,835 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: bringing photo ID for payments

In U.S. a drivers license which always has a photo I.D., is standard identification.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
250 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: bringing photo ID for payments

i was asked for id when buying a few pairs of shoes in journeys using a credit card, i didnt have any ID on me but they let me off

10. Re: bringing photo ID for payments

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2014, 06:17