We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying at Universal Hotel *just* for the Express Passes?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chichester, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Staying at Universal Hotel *just* for the Express Passes?

Hi all,

My family and I are planning a vacation to Orlando this August/September. We have a nice 3 bedroom villa off resort already booked for the duration (14 days) but are looking at booking a night at the Loews Royal Pacific Resort primarily to benefit from the complimentary Unlimited Express Passes and the early entry. We want to do loads of different things in our two weeks and for the price of the room, the Unlimited Express Passes will help us make the very most of our two days at Universal.

So, now the questions... ;o)

a) Am I right in thinking that a 1 night stay gives us 2 full days of Express Passes? i.e. Both the day you check in *and* the day you check out?

b) I feel a bit silly asking this one but, if we were comfortable in our villa, then presumably, once we checked in to the Royal Pacific early on the first day, there's no reason we'd need to actually *stay* the night there? It looks lovely etc. but our villa would have more space and be quieter. Presumably we could just come back really early the second day, park in the hotel car park again and take advantage of our early entry and Express Passes?

Thanks in advance for any constructive opinions! :o)

Andy

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying at Universal Hotel *just* for the Express Passes?

a) yes

b) yes if you don't want to use the hotel room there's no reason why you should. No point parking at the hotel IMO you may as well just park at the car park as the hotel charges more than the regular parking. $18 self parking and $25 valet.

Halifax
Level Contributor
756 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying at Universal Hotel *just* for the Express Passes?

Yes to both your questions though I would stay if I were you, the hotel is beautiful and has a fantastic pool which shows movies and opens late

Cheshire
Level Contributor
5,096 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying at Universal Hotel *just* for the Express Passes?

Yes you are right, the express passes are good for the two full days.

I have heard of people booking the room and not using it as it can work out cheaper than buying the passes alone sometimes, I can't think of a reason why you couldn't do this in theory.

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
152 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Staying at Universal Hotel *just* for the Express Passes?

You can use the room for relaxing in the afternoon, change clothes etc, but you don't need to stay there.

Chichester, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Staying at Universal Hotel *just* for the Express Passes?

Wow thanks for the speedy and clear replies all.

Yep I reckon we'll make use of the room, just maybe not stay overnight.

Thanks again!

Andy

pa
Level Contributor
54,009 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Staying at Universal Hotel *just* for the Express Passes?

If you have a few days to visit the Universal Parks, I don't think you will "Need" express pass at all. The end of Aug - Beginning of September isn't a crazy crowded time of year

How many of you are there ? And what is the price of the Hotel Room ?

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,399 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Staying at Universal Hotel *just* for the Express Passes?

I would pack a small bag and stay overnight. That saves a drive home to the villa and to the park in the morning. Take some fruit or cereal for breakfast if you don't want to spend a lot on breakfast.

It also gives you a new experience at the resort and you can use the facilities and eat at the hotel or city walk.

U.S.
12 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Staying at Universal Hotel *just* for the Express Passes?

How many people are in your party? If you are booking a 3-bedroom villa, I am assuming at least 5-6 people.

Will booking just 1 room at the Loews Royal Pacific Resort give Express Passes to everyone? I ask because usually no more than 4 people (I think, 2 adult and 2 kids) are allowed to stay in a single room so I didn't think they would give passes to so many people in your party because so many wouldn't be allowed to stay in a single room to begin with. Anyone with experience in this?

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
152 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Staying at Universal Hotel *just* for the Express Passes?

You can stay five in one room ar RPR. You will have to get a rollaway for the fifth (25$). Also, additional adults are an extra 25$ (more than 2).

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,701 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Staying at Universal Hotel *just* for the Express Passes?

Correct, 5 people can stay in the rooms there. We stayed at Portofino in September (a quiet time). We were still glad to have the express pass built in. Plus we really enjoy staying there :)

Andy, even if you don't sleep there, as someone said, you can take a break at the pool and relax a bit.