We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Loews Royal Pacific Resort Fees

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow
Level Contributor
1,347 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Loews Royal Pacific Resort Fees

After getting a bit muddled at the weekend, old age, I have booked 2 nights in a standard room (no view) at this resort when we arrive on May 4th. Our 1st night will probably be very restful due to travelling but we intend to hit both Universal parks over the next 2 days and make full use of the Express Passes that we get.

However I was wondering if anybody had any tips for this particular resort on how to get the most out of any downtime that we may have? Which, if any, restaurants/bars are best, which area/floor is good to get a room in etc etc.

Also I know about the parking & wi-fi fees but what others will I need to pay locally. I booked the hotel through Thomas Cook (cheapest deal on Trivago) and it says “all hotel taxes & fees included” but also “Excludes applicable local city taxes & resort fees” but I just wanted to know what these were?

Thanks in advance.

Halifax
Level Contributor
744 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Loews Royal Pacific Resort Fees

There aren't any resort fees other than the ones you mention

Tchoup chop is a nice restaurant

The walk to the parks is about 10 mins but the boat service is much nicer

There are free sweets and drinks in the lobby area. Take a camera as the hotel is beautiful.

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
1,641 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Loews Royal Pacific Resort Fees

Im also staying here for one night in May.. I know theres a parking fee, but wasnt aware there were any resort charges or anything like that. I booked directly with the hotel.

Seaham, United...
Level Contributor
3,453 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Loews Royal Pacific Resort Fees

Ask for a high floor as some of the lower floors have so much vegetation growing outside that you can't see a thing. The only other charge you should have to pay is car parking. I booked with Lastminute .com (via Trivago) and that was the only extra we had to pay for. Wifi is free in the lobby area. Rooms in Tower 3 are the nearest ot the pool and boat dock.

It is really nice to have some downtime at the hotel pool. It is open quite late and you will really enjoy it even on your first night. All the restaurants of City Walk are only a few minutes away so you will have plenty of choice of eateries!

Have a great time.

Regards,

Deaconblue

Edited: 22 April 2013, 13:02
Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,754 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Loews Royal Pacific Resort Fees

Jakes Bar is really nice as is the pool bar. It's a beautiful hotel you won'r be disappointed.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
1,347 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Loews Royal Pacific Resort Fees

Thanks all for the quick responses, good to hear I won't need to part with anything other than parking.

We're really looking forward to staying here as we normally stay in a villa for our entire holiday and it will be good just to be able to walk to food/drink and not worry about the car.

Do you think I could request a quite specific room location or does that not work? I don't want what little view we will have spoiled by vegetation and don't want to be near a lift, a fire door or a housekeeping cupboard! A bit strange but we always get placed next to at least one of the above and on the odd occasion all three:)

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
582 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Loews Royal Pacific Resort Fees

We are going back for the third time in September, absolutely love this place. We like a room on the lobby level in Tower 2 away from the lifts, loby level is best so you aren't wasting time waiting for lifts and the stairs are miles away. I would live in the Lobby if I could it is so beautiful!

We always walk to the parks as we have found it quicker than getting the boat, apart from the fact the walkway is so beautiful as well and peaceful.

The buffet breakfast is the best we have ever had in Florida, including the high end Disney ones, its 20 dollars each but the food is lovely and there is an omlette chef who wil make you anything you want.

Alternatively there is a Starbucks in the lobby where you can grab a quick coffee and pastry and sit beside the amazing water feature in the middle of the lobby.

There is a fantastic pool with a big bar and helpful staff who will bring your food and drinks( there is an automatic tip of 18% so be careful not to give another tip on top of that).

There's activities by the pool all day and they put a big screen up on a night and show kid friendly movies.

We like to go to Citywalk to eat on a night, Hard Rock Cafe is our favourite.

We often nip back and forth from the parks a couple of times a day, the express pass is amazing, you will never want to do Universal any other way.

Beware of the 7 dollar packets of biscuits and nuts in the room if you have little kids!

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
1,641 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Loews Royal Pacific Resort Fees

Better just to request a high floor on check in or before travel ?

Glasgow
Level Contributor
1,347 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Loews Royal Pacific Resort Fees

Coasterfanatic,

Thanks for going into such detail, much appreciated. A Starbucks in the lobby, that's the DW sorted anyway!

I could have made a request when I booked beverley but didn't have anything to go on. Will leave it a couple of days for the booking to filter through then contact the hotel direct and see what happens.

Cheers

Drogheda, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,681 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Loews Royal Pacific Resort Fees

Have to say, I'm withy your DW, Robbie. I got very excited about Starbucks. We are staying for a night in June and can not wait. It sounds wonderful.

A x

Tonbridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Ormond Beach
Level Contributor
2,179 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Loews Royal Pacific Resort Fees

I shall be going tomorrow for one night and I am very excited :-) will do a TR if that helps.

Diana