We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Legoland and SeaWorld the same as the California ones?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Is Legoland and SeaWorld the same as the California ones?

Hi,

We are a couple (no kids) who are planning on going to Florida to do the theme parks probably 2014. In September 2012 we travelled (from Australia) to California and did Disneyland, Disney California Adventure, Universal Studios, Legoland, SeaWorld, San Diego Zoo.

Just wondering if people think we should do Florida Legoland, Sea World and Universal Studios or are they very similar to the California ones and not bother?

Thanks!

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
152 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Legoland and SeaWorld the same as the California ones?

I wouldn't bother with Legoland (small park, re-themed rides from previous owners, mainly for kids), and I haven't been to SeaWorld in Cali, so I can't compare those.

But Universal is a must! Although some rides are the same (just like Disney), the coasters are better and most important, you have The Wizarding World of Harry Potter! If you are lucky, the new part will be open next summer.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,754 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Legoland and SeaWorld the same as the California ones?

Seaworld in Orlando is much the same as Seaworld in San Diego. Universal Studios Hollywood is far better than Universal Studios Orlando, but I would visit Universals Islands of Adventures in Orlando.

So I wouldn't bother with Seaworld or Universal Studios in Orlando but do make sure you do all the Disney parks they are fabulous and very different to the Disneyland parks. I've never been to Legoland so can't comment on that but it doesn't appeal to me.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Legoland and SeaWorld the same as the California ones?

the two seaworld,s are fairly different here's how:

Turtle trek(san diego doesn't have it)(3-d 360 show with sealife tanks before the show)

Antarctica empire of the penguin: new area(opens on may24th this year.Loo ks like it will be amazing and will include a first of a kind ride.)

here's what the area will include:

Ride: first ride outside of japan to use a computer system(lps) to move vechiles instead of a track

first dark-ride that will let you choose how intense you want the ride to be(you will be able to choose how much you want it to spin).

the ride will be open air so it will feel like your in antarctica

there will be life like inmages projected on the walls and the scences will change so it's never the same ride twice

there will be a penguin habitat at the exit which will include a close up area and an underwater viewing area.

the whole area will be cooler than the rest of the park

there will be a antartica themed gift shop and a resturant which will have a large menu

the area will look like it is surrounded by ice.there will also be amazing rock work.

there's also a clyde and seamore show which is pirate themed

if you're into water rides there 's atlantis the one in orlando actually takes place mostly inside and has a story line

there's manta(flying coaster)

kraken(inverted coaster

manta's aquarium

shark encounter is different

completly diffent lay out and much nicer looking than san diego's

nicer entrance

water side themed area with two resurants,a few stores,and a theater

a sky tower that gives you amazing views of the area(including disney).

so i would most diffently add in time for seaworld.

i'm not sure about the other two.

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Legoland and SeaWorld the same as the California ones?

Thanks for the help everyone!! :-)

UK
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Legoland and SeaWorld the same as the California ones?

We've just returned from our hols which included Legoland. Our two year old LOVED it but I wouldn't make a special visit if just two adults. It is very much geared towards younger children. I've been to both SeaWorlds and would recommend a visit to Orlando's even if you have done the California one. I think they're quite different.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
51,815 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is Legoland and SeaWorld the same as the California ones?

Kiwi, I am not a big fan of Universal Studios FL because it isn't the working studio that USH is, but Islands of Adventure is a great park and well worth a couple of days.

SeaWorld Orlando is more about rides and less about the animals than San Diego and it lacks the spectacular setting since it is landlocked rather than on the Bay like SaeWorld San Diego. But if you like rides, make time for SeaWorld Orlando.

Edited: 04 May 2013, 18:06
Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
170 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Is Legoland and SeaWorld the same as the California ones?

Islands of Adventure is like nothing California offers. Must go!

I thought that the Seaworld in Orlando was a much nicer park than California. It was much cleaner and the upkeep was much better. If you like coasters, then you must visit Seaworld to try riding Manta. Completely different ride than the one offered in Cali and by far one of the most unique coasters I have ever been on. Well worth the wait.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Is Legoland and SeaWorld the same as the California ones?

most diffently go to seaworld it's diffent then the one you've been to and has some amazing rides and animal attractions plus shows.

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
8,221 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is Legoland and SeaWorld the same as the California ones?

Universal's Islands of Adventure had a big hit with its Harry Potter, which I think is expanding into Universal Studios. I'm not sure that it justifies a visit by itself.

10. Re: Is Legoland and SeaWorld the same as the California ones?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2014, 07:19