We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car hire from Sanford

Scotland
Level Contributor
310 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Car hire from Sanford

Any advice on who to hire with if I want a car from Sanford? I would also really appreciste some advice on the car itself. My husband wants to get a mid-large sized SUV. I am not so familiar with the US models so if anyone can give me any advice on what would be a goood car to get that would be fantastic. There are 3 adults and 1 child in our group, but we really dont want to be tight on space. Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Sanford
Sanford
Central Florida, FL
Manchester
Level Contributor
3,151 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car hire from Sanford

I think you will be fine with space we normally get a standard suv which has been a jeep grand cherokee twice and last time we got a chevrolet equinox. There is five of us with four or five cases and lots of bags etc and we managed fine with ours which were classed as standard suv.

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
1,732 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car hire from Sanford

What car are you used to driving here? A mid-large SUV is a beast on the road but good to drive. Personally, for the price and cost of an SUV over a mid/large sedan, i'd look at the sedan option. Again though, if your husband is used to driving 4x4 (or the fake 4x4) then SUV is the way to go.

I know personally I can't go in to a small car any more as it's awful lol.

Places to go, theres plenty of them. Hertz, Alamo, etc...

Intermediate SUV: Ford Escape or similar @ Alamo £185 for the week in June. DO have a look but remember that while in the UK, you get a medium size car, it can be like a match box, it's not the same in the US...

Seaham, United...
Level Contributor
3,468 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car hire from Sanford

We usually rent from Alamo at Sanford. On our visit last May there were four adults and we had a standard SUV which was a Hyundai Santa Fe. There was plenty of room for luggage and a mobility walker. With Alamo you chose your own vehicle from the category that you have booked.

Check out the car sizes here with Alamo car videos:

orlando-guide.info/forums/…

We have also rented from Budget and Dollar. Budget was fine but I am afraid I could not recommend Dollar.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Deaconblue

Mentioned in this post
Sanford
Sanford
Central Florida, FL
up north
Level Contributor
2,082 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car hire from Sanford

we used to get a people carrier, for 5 adults and luggage there was tons of room, very easy to drive on the big roads also. its not getting the people in its all the luggage we always found.

West Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
244 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car hire from Sanford

Just hired from Sanford with Budget...got free additional driver.

Hired a 'full size' & ended up with a VW Passat which was very nice.

We were 3 adults plus 2 children & all fit in nicely. Only real longer trips were airport to accommodation & 2 30mins trips to Universal so someone happy to sit between the car seats.

I paid £300 for two weeks 16-30 April through TripWheels.

I didn't need a bigger car tbh x

Mentioned in this post
Sanford
Sanford
Central Florida, FL
6. Re: Car hire from Sanford

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 May 2014, 05:16