We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Decent age for kids to attend?

London, United...
Level Contributor
179 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Decent age for kids to attend?

We visited Orlando last September and we recently had our second child in January with our eldest coming up to 2 at the end of may.

What would you say was the optimum age to take children to Orlando? So they take it all in? Enjoy it? Remember it?

I can't wait to go back and I can't wait til their old enough to come n relive the magic like their parents did.

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
10,298 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Decent age for kids to attend?

All ages..........

There's so much to do & take in, your never finished.........

Just make sure you go every year;-)-);-);-);-)

aurora, co
Level Contributor
4,598 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Decent age for kids to attend?

The first time we took our kids to Disney my son was 6 and my daughter was 8. This worked out great. I wouldn't bring a baby at all, being strapped in a stroller in the heat for most of the day sounds like a miserable day. We waited until our kids were older so they could go on pretty much all the rides and remember the trip.

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
1,732 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Decent age for kids to attend?

7-8 year old. Any earlier and while you will remember it, they won't and at age of 8 they should be able to go on all rides not just some.

So many take very young kids but I have seen it myself where the kids get ratty as they don't want to wait in a queue for 20 minutes for a ride, let alone longer, then if you're going summer, you need to also think of the heat and stuff too.

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
638 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Decent age for kids to attend?

Agree with wascolotraveller, our youngest was 6yrs & eldest was 14yrs when we first brought them, both got a huge amount out of the trip, youngest was well able to keep up with a fairly hectic two week schedule, younger than 6yrs I wouldn't advise but everyone is different, each to their own

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
972 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Decent age for kids to attend?

I agree with the response of all ages. The baby can sleep in the stroller, just make sure to have juices and water with you. If you are comming with another adult they can have a stroller for the 2 year old and you can enjoy your vacation.

If you want them to remember 5 years old would be a perfect age.

Devon UK
Level Contributor
831 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Decent age for kids to attend?

DD was 4 first time we went and despite going again since she still remembers the first time really well.

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
704 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Decent age for kids to attend?

Took ours for the first time ages 3 and 1. The site of my 3 year olds first view of Mickey will stay with me for ever. It was just wonderful. Would recommend any age as each different age brings different fun. It's great looking back at the photos 16 years on. They're both coming with us next month and can't wait.

Monroe, Louisiana
Level Contributor
203 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Decent age for kids to attend?

Just my opinion but we have taken all of our grandchildren at 7 or 8 years old. They still have the wonder of a child but can get around without a stroller

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,015 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Decent age for kids to attend?

We began taking our kids every year beginning when they were 18 months and four. I would say we had the most fun as a family when they were around four and seven and five and eight. Both kids were able to enjoy everything together (except for the thrill rides but our youngest is 25 and still doesn't do most thrill rides) and they were still into the fantasy of it all. Can't say I recommend 13 and 15 though, we should have stayed home that year.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Decent age for kids to attend?

We started when my children were 5 and 3 and been most years since. They are now 17 and 15. Every year has been a different experience but all fun and worthwhile. Obviously you don't do so many rides when they are little but we stayed at Disney, pretty much only did Disney and had lots of rests. the wonder of the kids with the characters was great at that age.

If I was only able to go once with the kids though, I would choose 10 and 8 when we could do all the rides and shows together.