We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When do you buy...

Manchester
Level Contributor
820 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
When do you buy...

Hi all

Just wondered how long before your trip you tend to arrange park tickets and hire car. Would rather purchase park tickets (Disney 14 day ultimate and SeaWorld/Aquatica) nearer the time unless the prices are likely to increase. Also are we likely to get a better deal now than waiting to book hire car? We are going in October.

Thanks in advance!!

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando
Level Contributor
4,142 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: When do you buy...

Rumor has it that the theme park tickets will be increasing within the next few weeks, I don't know if your side of the pond will be effected, but I would assume when one goes up all will go up. It's none too early to start booking car rentals as they can always be cancelled if a better deal comes along as long as no $$ are involved.

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
692 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: When do you buy...

I'm pretty sure the ultimate ticket won't change price, however I'm less sure about the seaworld ones

scotland
Level Contributor
524 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: When do you buy...

I usually get my our park tix around 4 weeks before we go! www.ammericanattractions.co.uk are really reliable.

:-)

South Dakota
Level Contributor
4,552 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: When do you buy...

I would get my park tickets as soon as I decided to take the trip. We waited too long, the tickets prices went up, and for a family of five needing tickets for multiple days, that price increase cost us a chunk of change. Disney tickets are always going to go up, not up and down like airfare, so the sooner you get them, the better.

Not sure about the car rentals.

edinburgh
Level Contributor
2,937 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: When do you buy...

If you could tell me the exchange rate for the next few months, I would be in a better position to advise you.

I buy the tickets, normally as soon as I book the holiday.

I plan to buy Disney AP, this time for our visit in Nov. I can't buy them on line, so I'm trying to decide if I phone up and buy them, before the price rise. Or wait until I get there and buy them in person. Price rise or £/$ rate, in Nov; which will give me the best deal.

I also book the car hire same time as flights & hotel.

Edited: 16 May 2013, 19:31
6. Re: When do you buy...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 May 2014, 06:19