We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice but inexpensive hotel near Magic Kingdom

GA
Level Contributor
100 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Nice but inexpensive hotel near Magic Kingdom

My family (husband, and 2 boys ages 12 and 10) along with my parents (who have never been to Disney World) will be going to a wedding in October. We need a place to stay that will be nice enough for my mom and cheap enough for me. Ha! Of course I want something that is close to the wedding pavilion and Magic Kingdom. Any suggestions would be great!! Thanks!!

Magic Kingdom Park
Disney Parks & Activities, Theme Parks
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Epcot
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
Water Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
48,773 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice but inexpensive hotel near Magic Kingdom

The closest are Disney hotels on site, but they aren't the cheapest. The very closest are the 3 monorail hotels and Wilderness lodge. Where is the wedding pavillion?

Staying in a DTD area hotel could be cheap enough for you, and swish enough for your mom?

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
1,630 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice but inexpensive hotel near Magic Kingdom

Hampton Inn down on Highway 27 South from 192. its about 15 / 20 minutes from Disney. Lovely hotel next to i4 But no traffic Noise. Restaurants nearby, Avoid Kissimmee. Failing that there are a number of Hotels along the 192 which runs past Disney. Or Grab a Magazine from Denny's they have Hotel coupons with some great rates!

Enjoy!

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
48,773 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice but inexpensive hotel near Magic Kingdom

Also on Site at Disney (but much cheaper) are the Swan and Dolpin hotels.

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,687 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice but inexpensive hotel near Magic Kingdom

@Alan253, why do you say to avoid Kissimmee?

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,050 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Nice but inexpensive hotel near Magic Kingdom

Do you have a price in mind? The Swan and Dolphin are nice but are usually comparatively pricey in October when the Food and Wine festival is going on at Epcot.

Edited: 21 May 2013, 15:28
GA
Level Contributor
100 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nice but inexpensive hotel near Magic Kingdom

I am not sure exactly where the wedding pavilion is located. I am thinking right near Magic Kingdom. As far a price, the cheaper the better. I have found places for under 100.00. We want to do at least one park while we are there.

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,050 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Nice but inexpensive hotel near Magic Kingdom

It's adjacent to Disnry's Grand Floridian Resort in the Magic Kingdom Resorts Area. I would recommend looking in the Lake Buena Vista area. You may be able to book a Disney Value Resort for around $100 in October (discounts aren't out yet for your time frame) which would include all of your transportation, including from and back to the airport, and give you easy access to the parks. It also includes free parking at the parks should you choose to drive. These rooms will only sleep four, though. I wasn't sure if you are planning on sharing with your parents or not.

I also suggest keeping an eye on the prices for the Hilton in Downtown Disney. It's very conveniently located and does occasionally show up in the $100 range on discount sites like Expedia, etc. It is within walking distance of the Downtown Disney complex and has continuous transportation (albeit shared) to the theme parks.

Good luck!

Edited: 21 May 2013, 15:48
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
22,096 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nice but inexpensive hotel near Magic Kingdom

If you are having 6 people share,you could look at the DTD Doubletree-it might be a little cramped but it is very convenient. Also check Sheraton Vistana,Residence Inn LBV,ES/Sonesta Suites for 2 bedrooms,Embassy Suites LBV and Hawthorn Suites on Palm Parkway. Also see what Hotwire has to offer,we get great deals from there. Disney hotels are all out of your $100 budget range,though you could check what the Fort Wilderness cabins would cost-I'm assuming you mean $100 for your family and $100 for your parents and the cabins can be quite reasonable and have kitchens

GA
Level Contributor
100 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nice but inexpensive hotel near Magic Kingdom

Thanks everyone! I will definitely check out the place that you all mentioned. My cousin is getting a rental house for her family. Any tips on that?

Bideford
Level Contributor
279 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Nice but inexpensive hotel near Magic Kingdom

What about a two bedroom suite somewhere? I'm staying at Staybridge Suites Lake Buena Vista for the second time soon. They sleep up to 8 people. Splitting the cost with your parents may work out quite cheap. Up to 50 out of 328 hotels on TA. Worth a thought :-)