We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Star Wars weekend - wanna see Billy Dee

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
445 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Star Wars weekend - wanna see Billy Dee

My son has a few questions about Star Wars autograph sessions - would like to meet Billy Dee Williams. First, will they autograph anything? do you have to buy something there or can you bring something? I see that there is a FastPass for these autograph sessions. How early would you recommend being there - I would guess they are available as soon as the park is open - so how early do people line up before rope drop??

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Star Wars weekend - wanna see Billy Dee

BUMP - I don't know the answers to any of these questions, but i know there are TA readers who go to the Star Wars Weekends and can help.

Harleysville...
Level Contributor
1,056 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Star Wars weekend - wanna see Billy Dee

We were at SWW this past Friday. My DH and DS got there about 9:00 and said the crowds were not too bad. My DDAnd I got there about 11 and the crowds were getting heavier. By late afternoon it was really crowded.

We didn't wait for pictures with the characters or autographs. I did talk to several cast members who said that people were lining up around 3:30-4:00 am, especially for the FP for the celebrity autographs.

I got somegreat pictures of The characters, stormtroopers, R2D2, Mickey and Minnie as they were walking to/from their official "spots".

Darths Mall which is the big souvenir shop is located ober behind RockNRollercoaster. There is a que line, but we walkwd right in. Lots of merchandise and limited edition stuff. If you are an annual passholder, there are a few items specifically fo AP holders and you must have the pass and ID.

Just be prepared for HS to be crowded and hot. It is really neat and I am not a Star Wars person, but my DH and DS10 loved. it!

pa
Level Contributor
54,413 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Star Wars weekend - wanna see Billy Dee

You can bring something of your own, from home, for him to autograph

You MUST get a Fast Pass to get an autograph , there will be no walk ups, all Autograph Sessions are a scheduled event

Be at the Park at the Very Least, 1 hour prior to arrival. ( For billy Dee, I would get there at least 1 1/2 hours prior, crazy I know but there are only a limited number of passes and he will be the Popular One for sure :) There are individual Lines for each Actor Fast Pass. The Lines are set up OutSide the Park Gate. Be sure to get in the Right Line ( just ask any Cast Member if you are confused about any of the rules or where the exact line is for the exact Actor you want to meet ) You are given a "Return Time" AND a Wrist Band. You must arrive at your scheduled return time and You MUST have the wristband On

That may have sounded all a bit much but it is very worth it and not as hard as it sounded.

We have gone for SWW many times, love it. The Actor Meet and Greets are Swell

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
445 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Star Wars weekend - wanna see Billy Dee

Thanks so much! Your info. really helps. I am finalizing our plans this weekend and am hoping that we can enjoy some of the SWW.

Kissimmee, Florida
Level Contributor
2,760 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Star Wars weekend - wanna see Billy Dee

we were there saturday and wow the crowds where nuts.we got there in the afternoon,bad idea the parking lot was jamed i had to beg to drop off my son and family at the medical lot.

it must have been my lucky day as when i drove up to drop off my gang a family was pulling out of a space.

we loved it and had a blast with all the cool aliens walking around we got great pitcures,my son loved the tall orange lady.have a great time.

6. Re: Star Wars weekend - wanna see Billy Dee

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2014, 07:17