We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orlando in Dec., 7 days, No kids, What are the "Musts?"

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Santa Rosa, CA
Level Contributor
30 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Orlando in Dec., 7 days, No kids, What are the "Musts?"

Two adults, staying at Hilton Grand Vacations Club at SeaWorld, love all things fun, silly, and out-of-the ordinary, staying 7 days in Orlando, in December. 'Trying to avoid car rental because of the expense, but will need to buy groceries. What are the Must-Dos? 'Open to all reasonable advice. ;-) 'Can't wait to go!

pa
Level Contributor
53,895 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Orlando in Dec., 7 days, No kids, What are the "Musts?"

7 days is perfect

4 days for 4 Disney Parks, 2 days for 2 Universal Parks, 1 day for Seaworld :)

You can get a grocery order delivered, very reliable www.gardengrocer.com

Disney Parks are especially beautiful, the Christmas Decorations are amazing. Be sure to check out the Osbourne Lights at Hollywood Studios and the Candle Light Processional at Epcot

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Orlando in Dec., 7 days, No kids, What are the "Musts?"

In addition to what partypa noted at WDW, there is also Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party at MK. I know lots of adults who have gone to that and who have no kids. The dates are already set for MVMCP, as it is a separate ticket event on certain days.

Santa Rosa, CA
Level Contributor
30 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Orlando in Dec., 7 days, No kids, What are the "Musts?"

Great ideas, thank you so very much!

Santa Rosa, CA
Level Contributor
30 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Orlando in Dec., 7 days, No kids, What are the "Musts?"

I definitely will look into MVMCP. Right away!

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
961 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Orlando in Dec., 7 days, No kids, What are the "Musts?"

You chose a wonderful time to go,the parks with all the decorations are beautiful. Make sure to see the world famous Mariachis near the Mexico Pavillion in Epcot. They play Tueday through Saturday.

edinburgh
Level Contributor
2,659 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Orlando in Dec., 7 days, No kids, What are the "Musts?"

Depends when you go in Dec. SeaWorld have Xmas shows on, only over the weekend, early Dec.

Well worth a visit.

Scotland
Level Contributor
3,421 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Orlando in Dec., 7 days, No kids, What are the "Musts?"

First must-do is hire a car sorry - you will have so much more freedom to choose how you want to visit the parks and other attractions in and around Orlando.

Seaworld for me at night in December has the best decorations and fantastic skating shows etc, Hollywood Studios has the Osborn family lights which are amazing.

Mickeys special xmas party was OK - the whole atmosphere was great, but I felt a little ripped off compared to other park visitors who clearly hadn't paid to be there.

Must-Do.... take a cardigan or something to each park. In December it can get VERY cold at night after a day of warm sunshine.

Santa Rosa, CA
Level Contributor
30 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Orlando in Dec., 7 days, No kids, What are the "Musts?"

Thank you for the insights! 'Must look for deals on rental cars. I have a return trip to Scotland on my list too. Maybe 2015.

Helens Bay
Level Contributor
64 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Orlando in Dec., 7 days, No kids, What are the "Musts?"

If I had 7 days with no kids or grandkids I would lie by my pool and read books all day followed by a spot of retail therapy and a nice dinner ..... but that's just me :-)

Tellico Plains...
Level Contributor
628 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Orlando in Dec., 7 days, No kids, What are the "Musts?"

I would suggest Epcot and walking through the "World Showcase". Then I would also take in a Signature dining experience at one of the restaurants. Of course no trip is complete without a ride on the monorail and a trip to the Magic KIngdom.

Also Cinderella's Royal Table is for adults as much as children.

Have a great vacation!