We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking Tickets Issue from Miami - Problems in Orlando?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
GLASGOW
Level Contributor
298 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Parking Tickets Issue from Miami - Problems in Orlando?

Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I have last been on here. Hope everyone is doing well!

We visited Miami last March and around 2 months after we got home we rec'd a notification that we had an unpaid parking fee. This was really strange as the time of the violation was shown on the ticket at 9.42am, we did not arrive at the street in question until 11am as we had a late breakfast reservation that did. In addition to this we did not see any parking slip on our hire vehicle.

I tried calling several times but I was unable to get through to the parking violation dpt, I also emailed them several times and did not receive a response.

We have never heard anything further about this, I am not sure if this will cause us a problem at Orlando Int Airport Alamo Car-hire desk when we arrive?

Does anyone have any advice?

manchester
Level Contributor
3,571 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking Tickets Issue from Miami - Problems in Orlando?

How was the notification received , it may have been a scam.?

I recevied an email once telling me I had an outsiding traffic violation from the US , I was at home in the UK on the date & time it showed

GLASGOW
Level Contributor
298 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking Tickets Issue from Miami - Problems in Orlando?

Hi there

Thanks for your reply, it was rec'd via post. It looked official. They must have got our name and address from the car hire company.

Va
Level Contributor
10,594 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking Tickets Issue from Miami - Problems in Orlando?

Parking tickets are issued by the city and given to the car owner. Rental car companies will turn it over to who ever rented the car. At that point it is between you and the city. Orlando will have nothing to do with a parking ticket from Miami. You have nothing to worry about.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,399 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking Tickets Issue from Miami - Problems in Orlando?

Did you rent from Alamo last time when you got the ticket? Not sure if they would keep this sort of records?

5. Re: Parking Tickets Issue from Miami - Problems in Orlando?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2014, 06:16