We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone from UK done 1 week before

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
newcastle
Level Contributor
2,941 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone from UK done 1 week before

Planning, maybe?, a trip next Nov/Dec for a week to do Christmas things. Bit worried about how the jet lag would get us when it's just a week.

We normally do early morning things first week and evening things second week but this time it would all have to be combined.

How tired did you come home after just a week? Only planning on Disney as fingers crossed would be doing normal two weeks the following year.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,754 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone from UK done 1 week before

We did a week back in 2001, we found it fine. But it was just after 911 and the place was "empty" so very easy to get around.

We've also done short trips to New York, Boston etc and coped with the jetlag just fine.

Just don't try to do too much.

Blackwood, United...
Level Contributor
4,899 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone from UK done 1 week before

Yes, went for a week for OH 50th birthday. We even stayed at two different hotels in that short space of time.

Things are different now as neither of us have work commitments so we now go for a month !

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,399 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone from UK done 1 week before

I do New York for a weekend every other year and it is perhaps slightly easier to adjust when you get back as you don't try to get in to the US time quite so much. I would try to go to bed early and get up early. Also don't eat on the plane on your way home as that helps in my opinion.

West Kilbride...
Level Contributor
972 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone from UK done 1 week before

Went for a week last December to do Christmas things. We just did Disney and it was full on, but very manageable, and we had our best Orlando holiday of all time. We did an itinerary and stuck to it, so we knew before we went that it was going to be busy, but I think that helped.

If if have gotten my way I would have been on a flight yesterday for a week.

newcastle
Level Contributor
2,941 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone from UK done 1 week before

Thanks to you all.

Tracy, did you manage to get your early mornings and your evenings ok without being wiped out. Not really worried about baby as he/she will sleep in buggy and DS who will be 10 then already seems to have more stamina for late nights than me, it's DD who will be 6 who might struggle. And possibly DH and myself who are getting too old for late nights and early mornings!

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
13,154 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone from UK done 1 week before

I have done a week quite a few times and it was fine. Better to go for a week than not at all!!

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
45,954 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone from UK done 1 week before

I have been for 4/5 days before lol.

Birmingham, UK
Level Contributor
216 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone from UK done 1 week before

I've done 1 week just doing Universal. The jet lag didn't seem any worse than normal. A couple of days up early & then adjusted.

West Kilbride...
Level Contributor
972 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone from UK done 1 week before

It was fine actually as I think its actually psychological i.e. the longer you have the longer it takes. My son was 5 and coped fine, he was wiped out 1 nite in the Magic Kingdom, but we tended to be out early to make the most of our time.

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
16,664 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone from UK done 1 week before

I couldn't do a week

It takes me a week to get into the swing of things - must be my age lol