We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice - 1 Year old

kent
Level Contributor
188 posts
Save Topic
Advice - 1 Year old

Hello all

I am going to Disney in early November and taking a 1 year old.

We are not going to do Universal this time but we are going to do MK, EP, HS, AK and Sea World. We are also doing Chefs Mickeys.

Has anyone got any advice, tips, things to do and see?

1. Re: Advice - 1 Year old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 02:05
kent
Level Contributor
188 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice - 1 Year old

sunngod , thanks for the advice. Very helpful

Manchester
Level Contributor
213 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice - 1 Year old

Hi Holidayjunkie,

Ignore sunngod a lot of people on here have taken young children and babies to Disney and had a great time. I am sure you will get some good advice from them. ;-)

kent
Level Contributor
188 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice - 1 Year old

thanks robertgreen99. We are going to take it slow and do a park one day and a day off the next so it’s not too much for my son

Dorking, United...
Level Contributor
404 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice - 1 Year old

We did parks without rest days with a 15mth old, as long as the buggy was available for her to sleep she was fine.

She absolutely adored the parade at MK, even at such a young age (she will not remember) she loved the colours recognised the characters and enjoyed the music. At MK, she also did It's a Small World, Winnie the Pooh, It's a lovely bright coloured place that very young kids will enjoy. At AK, she even went on the Safari, she was sqealing with delight at all of the aminals. Played in the sand at TL and splashed in the water, there's so much they enjoy and you can take in rides when your son naps, although mine didn't nap much but after long days was knocked out by bedtime. Go and enjoy it. x

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Advice - 1 Year old

Just take things slowly, which is what you are going to do. You are not going to be able to do everything with a one year old in tow anyway.

Unfortunately your son is not going to remember one jot of the trip so please take him back in four or five years when he is old enough to really appreciate it.

York, England...
Level Contributor
330 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Advice - 1 Year old

Just go at your sons pace, they enjoy it just as much looking at everything without necessarily going on rides. If they see mum and dad having fun they have fun.

Gatorland and the animal petting farm are good things to do as well and crazy golf can be fun (you just swing the club and your son at same time:)) Wouldn't bother with wonderworks or anything like though as is aimed at older kids.

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
1,641 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Advice - 1 Year old

Your one year old will love it! Like the other post says make sure you have days to relax too. Enjoy!

London
Level Contributor
971 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Advice - 1 Year old

We're taking our 3 year old and new baby in Jan. I know the 4 year old won't remember much but we can't wait to see the look on the face at the time. Live for the moment and do what you can now. We will of course go back when the children are older.

We are planning on being really flexible, but probably head to the parks early and then come back early mid afternoon depending on tiredness. Some leisure time by the pool (or napping) and then an early dinner together.

We're really looking forward to just being together as a family and it we can't do rides it won't matter too much, we will be in the sun, having ice cream and seeing interesting things.

London
Level Contributor
971 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Advice - 1 Year old

I meant seeing the look on our 3 years olds face of course......