We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

House of Blues - Live music over Dinner

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
472 posts
Save Topic
House of Blues - Live music over Dinner

Going to orlando in a couple of weeks with husband and daughter (16) and considering making a reservation here for dinner on a saturay.

I'm trying ot understand the concept of this place... so it is a concert venue with a restaurant, right?

Now, when they say live music in the restaurant, it has nothing to do with the concert/event on any of the other rooms/verandas/levels/halls of the House, right? it looks like a huge place! It would still be nice to have live music over dinner... just not sure if it's related t the actual concerst or if a small band plays in the actual dining room?

I guess my question is, should I be expecting any sort of Cover charges if ther is a concert that night in any of the other rooms?

In that case, where is the live music? main dining room?

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: House of Blues - Live music over Dinner

Never seen live music in the restaurant, there is usually a guy playing the guitar and singing by the Porch Bar just outside. If you want good music while you're dining try Raglan Road it's fabulous.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
472 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: House of Blues - Live music over Dinner

Thanks for the advice! It looks awesome!

Only thing is, we have many irish pubs here in Toronto, so we were kind of looking for a different feel/type of dining experience.

I'll keep the Raglan on the list though! it looks very neat!

Level Contributor
357 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: House of Blues - Live music over Dinner

Bbkings have live music and food small cover charge about $5 each, a good evening.

Level Contributor
357 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: House of Blues - Live music over Dinner

Bbkings have live music and food small cover charge about $5 each, a good evening.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,277 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: House of Blues - Live music over Dinner

The Restaurant and Concert Hall are separate. You can hear music for free at the outside bar or by buying a ticket to one of the scheduled concerts in the concert venue. There isn't a cover for the restaurant nor live music inside it, just a cool place to eat, with fun atmosphere and good food.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
17,277 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: House of Blues - Live music over Dinner

nor live music inside it...usually...I should say that they do have the set up for that in the main/central dining room come to think of it. never seen anything there though...

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
17,277 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: House of Blues - Live music over Dinner

... Maybe just not there late enough?

Port Glasgow
Level Contributor
1,075 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: House of Blues - Live music over Dinner

we are going to see Emile Sande in here on Tuesday 2nd July, cannot wait.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,439 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: House of Blues - Live music over Dinner

Our last 2 trips, we dined at House of Blues and there was a live band playing in the dining room (not a famous band, but very good). There was no cover charge, as we were in the restaurant. One couple even got up and danced in an open area of the dining room...we were seated next to the stage. It was a lot of fun. We were also there for a late dinner (after 9), so don't know if they were playing earlier.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,439 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: House of Blues - Live music over Dinner

You might also enjoy Bahama Breeze (Caribbean music) on International Drive or Hard Rock Cafe (Rock music) at Universal CityWalk.