We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Garden Grill and Living with the Land

Houston
Level Contributor
211 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Garden Grill and Living with the Land

We have an ADR for a character dinner at GG. I understand the restaurant turns slowly through Living with the Land. Should we still try and do the ride or will we see most of it during our meal? Time is limited and I am trying to get in as much as we can.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Garden Grill and Living with the Land

You only see brief glimpses of the Living with the Land ride, and the glimpses are generally of the back side of what you see during the ride. I would definitely do the ride in addition to eating dinner at the Garden Grill.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,375 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Garden Grill and Living with the Land

It's a neat attraction worth the time in my opinion

Cheshire
Level Contributor
1,398 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Garden Grill and Living with the Land

Can I jump on this thread and ask if there is any advice on where to sit? I've seen a video showing booths on the outside and tables on the inside. The booths look nice but would we get more character interaction at the tables?

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Garden Grill and Living with the Land

You'll get the same character interaction wherever you sit. The characters go from table to table. We had a booth on the outside and had a hoot with Chip & Dale, Chip wanted to sit in the booth but he's a bit on the portly side so had great fun trying to squish in between the table & seat. They spent ages with us messing around and we didn't even have any kids with us :)

Cheshire
Level Contributor
1,398 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Garden Grill and Living with the Land

Thanks USLovers, great to get positive feedback on this one, my son loves Chip & Dale when we go to DLP but I wasn't sure about the revolving aspect and food to be honest. I will book it but I don't think it will be one of Mr Grumpy's favourites!

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Garden Grill and Living with the Land

TBH I wasn't a great fan of the food, the others in our group like it, but I'm a sucker for Chip & Dale and it's really the only place you can see them now. They used to be at Chef Mickeys, the Liberty Tree & Cape May Cafe but have been banished from all of these. I think it's because they are so badly behaved!! lol

Cheshire
Level Contributor
1,398 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Garden Grill and Living with the Land

Ah, if this is the only place you can see them then Mr Grumpy can't complain, just keeping his little boy happy!

Harleysville...
Level Contributor
1,056 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Garden Grill and Living with the Land

We(myself, DH and DS10) ate at GG in May and originally we were given a table right by the entrance to the kitchen. We asked for a booth on the outside and they were very accomodating - just had to wait another 5 minutes or so. We all enjoyed the food and the character interaction. The salad they give you at the beginning of the meal is YUMMY and is made from produce that is grown in The Land!

I would definately do the ride - the wait, if any, is usually short. Plus the ride is a continuous loading and each boat can seat about 20 people, so if there is a wait it moves quicky:)

Manchester
Level Contributor
820 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Garden Grill and Living with the Land

Another thumbs up for GG. We celebrated our DD's 1st birthday here!! Chip & Dale were fab. One of them helped to blow out the candle on the cake & then went to run off with the cake itself and got scolded by the server. They were great fun and DD loved them. Pluto was cool too, Mickey seemed a bit forgettable (much as it pains me to say it!!!). The waiting staff were all good and the food I recall being really nice.

Enjoy!

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Garden Grill and Living with the Land

Actually, I think Chip and Dale got banished because Disney didn't want to pay two cast members to appear as pretty much identical characters. At the Cape May Cafe, for instance, they were replaced by Donald, so it went from 4 characters to 3, which makes the accountants happy (and at the Liberty Tree, all characters got whacked, which was really sad). It is good you can still see them at the GG; the other interesting thing is that the characters at the GG are in farmer attire, which as far as I know is unique to WDW. Also, even though no one has mentioned it, no one should be concerned by the moving restaurant as the pace of the movement is glacial.