We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Worth it?

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
246 posts
104 reviews
Save Topic
Worth it?

Hi!

Im heading to the US from NZ with my husband next month. We are doing a coast to coast road trip starting in San Fran and Ending in New York, we will be going to Universal Studios and Sea World in California...is there much point going to them in Orlando or should we skip them?

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
246 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Worth it?

We wont get to Orlando till Aug fyi

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Worth it?

I would skip them. IMO Universal Hollywood is much better than Universal Orlando. If you are a Harry Potter fan you may want to go to Islands of Adventures but I would give Universal Studios & Seaworld a miss.

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
246 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Worth it?

Thanks! Was thinking of going to both Harry potter world or whatever it's calle and the island adventures one. Is it worth going to both?

London
Level Contributor
3,855 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Worth it?

Harry Potter is inside Islands of Adventure which IMO is a fab park. Do that and skip Universal.

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
246 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Worth it?

So, you pay to get into island of adventures and get to go to Harry Potter too - for no extra charge?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,440 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Worth it?

Yes...Harry Potter is just a section of Islands of Adventure.

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
8,750 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Worth it?

If you're visiting Sea World in San Diego, make time for their superb zoo. It's a nice city to visit, as is San Francisco and any number of places in between (like Monterey).

Orlando and the Southeast will be in summer weather mode, very humid and hot, though I think a bit less hot than Darwin, Australia in wet season. Possibly a bit hotter than Brisbane.

Edited: 05 June 2013, 22:41
Blackwood, United...
Level Contributor
139 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Worth it?

I must agree with BlueRusso about San Francisco (not been to Dan Diego yet), it is our my favourite city andthe PCH is a great drive also!

Montevideo, Uruguay
Level Contributor
52 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Worth it?

Don´t miss Island of Adventure (Harry Potter is inside, and you don´t pay extra, it´s a sector of the IOA park).

Unless you´re not a fan of parks.

I guess you are doing Disney before? In Orlando it is 4 Theme Parks + 2 water parks: Magic kingdom, Epcot Center, Animal kingdom, Hollywood Studios,+ Blizzard Beach and Typhoon lagoon (both water parks ), depends on what you have already done.

Have a nice holiday

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
246 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Worth it?

Hi. :)

We have got the Southern California park pass for while in LA so are doing Disneyland, Disneyland adventure park, UniversL Studios and Sea World.

Def keen on going to IOA and HP and Disneyworld. I've heard Magic Kingdom is the best one. Not a big fan of water parks so will give those a miss.