We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying BA

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Flying BA

Im flying with BA on Weds morning any advice on trying to get an upgrade.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
1,060 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying BA

To be honest the only sure way is to pay for it.

London, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying BA

Already won the tickets so gonna try that angle on them.

aberdeen
Level Contributor
1,466 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flying BA

theres very very little chance you will get a free upgrade those days are long gone, they may sell you an upgrade at airport if theres any empty seats so ask at checkin if there offering any upgrades and they wil tell you how much

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
1,732 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flying BA

if you say you won the tickets, they might be more inclined to tell you to pay as you have been lucky enough.... Sorry but I think paying for it is the only way 99.9% you will get an upgrade. 0.01% they will offer it.

Check the flight if you can online and see where you book your seats, if there's any available in business class

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,399 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flying BA

We travel with BA regularly. We have been lucky enough to be upgraded more than once over the years. Our family all have executive club membership, we make sure we all "dress nicely" and are pleasant and friendly at baggage drop off. We have never asked for an upgrade but always appreciated it.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,754 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flying BA

lassie you've been very lucky, we travel BA all the time, are executive members and never been offered a free upgrade :( They obviously don't like the look of us. lol

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,399 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flying BA

Yes, USLovers, we have been very lucky but I should add none of these have been on flights to Florida, once at JFK when we checked in late (delayed in traffic) and once was on flight to Hong Kong. We often use points to pay for flights or upgrade on home flight from Florida.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,754 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flying BA

We don't just go to Florida either and have still never had an upgrade! I use my flights for local flights, Dublin, Paris etc that way you don't have to pay taxes and get more bang for your buck.

Ermington, United...
Level Contributor
571 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flying BA

Here me thinking that my smart dress code of combat shorts and an Iron maiden T shirt would do the trick !

lol

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,276 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Flying BA

I have been upgraded for free with BA, but our family are EC members and I was travelling w/o under 18s so that helps.

No chance (esp if you aren't a member) getting a freebie- after all your flight is free? Join the club.

As for paying, it can be cheaper to do it at online checkin 24 hrs in advance- it can be less that at the AP. Got it for 89 quid a few times. Pretty sure the min at the ap is 189?

And the one time I was upgraded to Club World it was because I had paid to upgrade to WT+, and they want to sell more upgrades- every single seat in WT+ was full when I boarded. I am sure they picked EC members to upgrade.