We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Plaza Resaurant and/or Liberty Tree

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
WV
Level Contributor
34 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Plaza Resaurant and/or Liberty Tree

I have some dining credits to use and most things (Ohana) that I wanted to eat at are booked up. I was wondering what people thought of both of these restaurants and which one they would choose. Thanks.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,754 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Plaza Resaurant and/or Liberty Tree

Liberty Tree is OK, it's basically a Thanksgiving dinner, all you can eat served at your table. The Plaza is more a sandwich affair, we've been to both and both are just OK IMO. Look at the menu's to see which one appeals. Have you considered popping over to a nearby resort to eat? The Wave at the Contemporary is very good, one of our favourites and usually easy to get into.

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,116 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Plaza Resaurant and/or Liberty Tree

Both are OK. If Tony's is available, that is our preference, in the park. At a nearby resort, Whispering Canyon at WL, Kona Cafe at the Poly and the Wave at Contemp, are a step up from the Plaza & Liberty.

If you have several dining credits to use, Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge is excellent and usually has availability. Narcoossee's is our favorite, but harder to secure an ADR. Both are 2 point signature venues.

Happy planning!

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Plaza Resaurant and/or Liberty Tree

I actually like Liberty Tree, although I liked it even more when they had characters in colonial attire. As noted above, it is all you can eat turkey, beef, etc., so you get planty of food. It is big, so there are lots of tables and because dinner is family style you can get in and out at a good pace (note: if you go at lunch, the Liberty Tree has a menu instead of family style ofr all). I also like the Plaza, although it is more of a light fare/ice cream type of place. It is also pretty small, so if you get the wrong table you can be having a conversation with your dining neighbors. I would vote for Liberty Tree between the two.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
38,693 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Plaza Resaurant and/or Liberty Tree

I like Liberty Tree Tavern too. I've found the food very good there and it's all you care to eat. Yes, it's turkey, dressing, and fixins like you have at Thanksgiving, but it's really good.

WV
Level Contributor
34 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Plaza Resaurant and/or Liberty Tree

I think we are going to do both of them on separate days for lunch.

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,116 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Plaza Resaurant and/or Liberty Tree

Good plan! Enjoy!

7. Re: Plaza Resaurant and/or Liberty Tree

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 June 2014, 06:18