We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seaworld Hotel - advice sought

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Seaworld Hotel - advice sought

I'm trying to book a hotel for one day, our last before flying back home. Initially I thought staying at the airport Hyatt would be best, but we don't fly out until 1PM, so no need really. The morning of, we will be driving in from Clearwater, and will spend the day at Seaworld, spend the night, then get to the airport.

I've been looking at Fairfield Seaworld and it seems to have great reviews. Is parking free? How far from there to the airport? Can you walk to Seaworld?

I'd like to spend about $150-$180 max. I can get the Fairfield for $156. I noticed that the reviews say they share a pool with 2 other Marriotts. Springhill and another. Are these any nicer?

I'm looking for a super clean room, nice pool. I prefer newer, updated hotels.

Love to hear advice here. Thanks in advance.

County Galway...
Level Contributor
2,705 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seaworld Hotel - advice sought

Friend stayed in the Renaissance hotel said great things across the carpark from Seaworld

Metro Orlando
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
4,009 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seaworld Hotel - advice sought

Parking should be free at any Fairfield Inn, and that hotel is pretty new so it should be up-to-date. It's maybe 15 minutes from the airport via the highway (528) and the on-ramp is very close to the hotel and easy to get to. Sea World is very close, but it's a bit of a walk to get to the entrance (depending on your idea of what constitutes a long walk).

Just for grins you might take a look at the Renaissance which is immediately across the street from Sea World. It'll probably be more expensive, but it's really nice. Or, if you want the best deal you might take a look at Hotwire. Just stick with 4 start places in the Sea World area with a high customer satisfaction rating (like over 80%). Depending on the week we've gotten the Rosen Center and Rosen Plaza for less than $50, although they don't tell you until you've booked and the prices are often higher. But, even paying for parking at Sea World and the hotel you still come out ahead.

UK
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seaworld Hotel - advice sought

The Hilton Garden Inn at SeaWorld is nice plus if you're arriving early enough you can get front of line passes for SeaWorld.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seaworld Hotel - advice sought

Hmm, I've checked out the Renaissance. That's a bit more, closer to $170, but still in our range. I wasn't sure if it was worth it, saw some iffy reviews. But in my experience, you can't go wrong with Marriott.

Now, I live in Denver, so walking distance can be faaaarrrr. But in Orlando, with the heat, that gets a lot shorter. For me personally, I'd be willing to walk a few large blocks, but that's about it. Beyond that and I'm dying of heat. So let's say no more than .25 of a mile?

Free parking is a plus, since we have a rental. I think that's why I moved away from Renaissance, the rate goes up with parking/internet.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seaworld Hotel - advice sought

I don't think we will get to the Hilton Garden Inn early enough for their free fast passes. Driving in from Clearwater that morning.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
2,296 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Seaworld Hotel - advice sought

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn and it is across the road from SeaWorld. It will take about 10-15mins to walk to the SeaWorld entrance. There is a pool (not too big though), shuttle, free car parking and free wifi.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,130 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Seaworld Hotel - advice sought

The Fairfield and Springhill at SeaWorld share a pool and both have free parking and complimentary breakfast. The park is across the street though it's the back side so it's not practical or safe to walk in. The aforementioned Renaissance at SeaWorld is directly across the street from the entrance and you can easily walk across the park's parking lot from the hotel. Super nice hotel and far better pool area though you'll pay for parking and no free breakfast. The buffet is very good though. These are all about 15-20 minutes to the airport. Very easy.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,130 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Seaworld Hotel - advice sought

...the 3 Marriotts mentioned together with the Residence Inn, Doubletree, Hilton Garden Inn and Hilton Grand Vacation all "at SeaWorld" all have the complimentary Quick Queue while supplies last. Food and merchandise discount in park as well as a shuttle option. They are the official partner hotels

Metro Orlando
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
4,009 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Seaworld Hotel - advice sought

It might be hot in Orlando, but it's also near sea level which should help a lot. I used to go out to Utah for 10 days at a time for work with no jogging or anything like that. When I came back to Orlando (or Daytona) I felt like I'd been training hard for a month and everything was a little easier.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Seaworld Hotel - advice sought

So it sounds like Renaissance is the nicest hotel that is nearest to SeaWorld? Am I right?

I just realized, we won't be eating breakfast as we will be coming in from Clearwater and our hotel there does provide free breakfast. We will, however, want dinner at our hotel near SeaWorld. How's dinner at the Renaissance and nearby?

Also, if we can easily walk to SeaWorld from Renaissance, that might be a huge plus, as when we tire, we can rest at the hotel and then go back to SeaWorld.

Yeah, we tend to be a lot more fit than many parts of the country, as we work out a mile above sea level! So with my walking distance defined (a few blocks), which of these meet my criteria? From posts, it sounds like it may only be Renaissance.