We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

thomson coach transfers

Farnham, Surrey
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Topic
thomson coach transfers

hi guys. just a quick query, we've booked our hols to orlando july 6-13 thru thomson. have just received our tickets and everything and it states on there that we have paid for the hotel transfers, etc but no details as to who you should look out for...what company's shuttle service they use from sanford (i.e thomson's own coaches or mears, etc) just a bit worried that we will show up at sanford and miss the coach as we don't know where we're meant to be going. thomsons customer service people were rubbish and didn't seem to understand the info i wanted. i gave up after being on their 0870 number for 20 minutes waiting and then explaining myself 3x

cheshire uk
13 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: thomson coach transfers

hi ysabelle :) were going again with thomson in 9 days and we went with them last time 2. when you've been thro customs the next building you come to is where you sort out the transfers and cars ect.(theres only a tiny path between both buildings) im not the best at explaining things but ill try. ok its imposible to go wrong trust me. you have to pass the tomson reception to fully get out of the tiny airport. everyones travel agent is there also but thomsons you cant miss as its one of the first. on the right hand side. they ask only the main person on your booking to go in tho to let the coach know your there ( great excuse for us smokers who get to wait outside and smoke after that long journey). dont know if you have flew with thomson before or not or have kids but something i wish id known before hand was that they dont give any aminities out at all no kids packs or anything ! u get a news paper a pillow and a blanket wich is more like a hand towel and thats it, i had 4 very board but well behaved kids on the journey out. comming back i stocked up on i drive ( VERY cheap) but this time my hand luggage is fully stocked :) hope this helped, or hope someone better at explianing can help if not :) oh yeah and little tip to those who dont know, any earphones work on the plane so save yourself a fiver each and take your own.

cheshire uk
13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: thomson coach transfers

opps oh yes the coach doesnt say thomson on it, cant remember what it said now i was to excited he-he but its not like a huge coach park or anything so you dont have to worry about finding yours :) i swear from the time you land till the coach drops you off at your hotel, EVERYTHING is right in frount of you, you can not go wrong. 2 planes landed together when we got there yet only our coach was sitting there by the time we got to it. and theres a rep standing beside it anyway shouting who its for and we waited ages for it to go, (there chance to try selling you phone cards) there that good at making sure they have everyone on there list aboard they counted us at least 4 times and a few times the rep went to the thomson office to make sure there wasnt any extra people turning up. plz dont worry over it, i can get lost going in a circle yet it was that easy and straight forward im even taking the 5 kids there alone this year.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,848 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: thomson coach transfers

Weve just done this returned sunday,when you get off the plane and collect your luggage go straight out of the airport and accross the crossing to the thomson desk.

Oppisite that is MEARS desk,Thomsons will give you a voucher to take there,there will be a shuttle bus waiting for you(mini bus to us) and they will also give you your welcome pack and details of your return pick up.

It simple it was our first trip and we manage great.

Anothere tip book into the Guest House for your return and you dont need to sit around the airport for hours it cost $52 dollars for the 3 of us and that includes alco drinkd,pop and biscuits etc,well worth it there are tvs and playstations.

Farnham, Surrey
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: thomson coach transfers

thanks a lot for your help guys.has calmed me down a lot.its just myslef and my fiancee going. a chill out holiday before the wedding (we did the parks last year, so just gonna eat loads and shop this time!) i am a bit worried about the flight - my fiancee is quite a big guy and we couldn't get extra legroom seats. th premium seats are a bit too much i feel for what you get. i think he's gonna spend most of the flight walking round the plane.hehe:) anywyas. ta muchly!!!!

5. Re: thomson coach transfers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2009, 06:24