We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton doubletree at universal - "major accommodation change

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Hilton doubletree at universal - "major accommodation change

Hi guys - myself and bf r due to arrive at this hotel a fortnight tomorrow. (TC package)We will be joined by my sister and bro-inlaw who booked their holiday separately (flights and acc sep also) today they have had an email informing them that their acc at the Hilton has been changed to some other hotel on I drive due to "major accomadatopn changes" anyone else had this email???

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,757 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hilton doubletree at universal - "major accommodation change

Which Doubletree hotel are you moving too ?

International Drive is some 11 miles long in length

do you know the address of the new hotel ?

Simply put the new address into Google MAPS

search - box to locate.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hilton doubletree at universal - "major accommodation change

U seem to have misread my postl. I am asking if anyone else has had a similar email about major changes within the hotel stated.

Edited: 13 June 2013, 17:18
Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,757 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hilton doubletree at universal - "major accommodation change

You could try contacting the said hotel

go to the Hilton web-site, at the bottom of

the home page click on the words

" Customer Support "

good luck.

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
1,641 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Hilton doubletree at universal - "major accommodation change

So you are both staying at the same hotel but only her reservation has been changed ?

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hilton doubletree at universal - "major accommodation change

Yes. She booked hers through a third party however. I have spoken to the hotel and they have confirmed that no renovations or anything are planned ( which was my fear), and they think the third party has under or oversold rooms and are trying to lay the blame with the hotel :/

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
1,641 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Hilton doubletree at universal - "major accommodation change

Did she book with travel republic? If you go on their fb page theres usually a lot of people on there complaining about not geting the hotel they booked. Which hotel have they been moved to?

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hilton doubletree at universal - "major accommodation change

Yes. She did. Oh is there?she must not have checked before :/ thy tries to give them the court yard inn - yet seem nice enough but they are miles away from us :(

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
1,641 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Hilton doubletree at universal - "major accommodation change

Is there no way it can be sorted? Id be absolutely livid..

Ive booked flights etc with Travel republic and they have been fine. I decided to look at their Facebook page one day and there were numerous posters on there who has had hotels changed at last minute etc.. Id be looking my money back!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hilton doubletree at universal - "major accommodation change

No, the Hilton is fully booked - I tried to book it for them with Hilton directly :/

They have been told they can have their money back if the don't wish to stay in the court yard hotel, however the prices for hotels in the location of the Hilton have rocketed since it is so close to the arrival date so it's working out an extra 300 pounds :/

My mum used TR several times for flights, however I would highly recommened that people do NOT use them as this is what can happen so close to departure. I'm sure we will still have a great time, but it's jut added stress and cost :(

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
1,641 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Hilton doubletree at universal - "major accommodation change

Total nightmare! Going on hols with friends only to realise you wont even be at the same hotel.. Do you have a car so you can at least travel to their hotel to see them etc?