We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disney Stuff and Novelties

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Little Silver, New...
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Topic
Disney Stuff and Novelties

Hi. Is the price of disney stores located inside the WDW park (novelties like shirts, caps etc etc) are all THE SAME to ALL disney store from ALL states? I am from NJ. What about the Disney Premium Outlet Store? Are they nationwide standard with their merchandise? If prices are same, of course I will just do my shopping there in Orlando to lessen my luggages. I am comparing apples to apples, looking to all areas where I could save more particularly with the prices of character disney shirts and adult caps.

Send me some infos please. Thanks!

Edited: 15 June 2013, 20:08
glasgow
Level Contributor
2,411 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disney Stuff and Novelties

Disney premium outlets is clearance stock, often out of season and always on offer.

Monroe, Louisiana
Level Contributor
202 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disney Stuff and Novelties

I have been told that the EXACT items can be purchased at the Orlando Walmarts for about half the price.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Disney Stuff and Novelties

They are not the exact items sold at Walmart, similar but not the same quality of the items sold at WDW. We have bought tshirts from Walmart in the past and after a couple of washes they're done. I am still wearing tshirts and other clothes bought at WDW over 10 years ago,.

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Disney Stuff and Novelties

...you could also try Target for some in between pricing on t-shirts and ball caps... happy shopping!

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,130 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Disney Stuff and Novelties

" Are they nationwide standard with their merchandise? "

No. Merchandise made for and sold in Disney parks is different than the merchandise found in your Disney Store. The Premium Outlets does carry the authentic park merchandise, but not the selection as in the parks and at Downtown Disney - it is typically clearance/out of season stuff as mentioned above

Tellico Plains...
Level Contributor
631 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Disney Stuff and Novelties

Inside Disney also has unique to the Park merchandise that cannot be purchased anywhere else. My daughter loved a Nemo shirt that we had to go back into the park and get. I also feel the quality is better inside the parks not just shirts but also toys.

Boxborough...
Level Contributor
1,890 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Disney Stuff and Novelties

Definitely check out Wal Mart. I have multiple shirts from there that are great. I'm going to respectfully disagree with USLowers on quality. The shirts from Wal Mart are generally of a heavier fabric than at the parks and have withstood a lot of wear for half the cost. But......... Wal Mart souvenirs are not the same ones you'll find in the parks.

Little Silver, New...
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Disney Stuff and Novelties

Thanks to all. I will surely check everything even Amazon :))

Harleysville...
Level Contributor
1,056 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Disney Stuff and Novelties

Hi tripleM -

I have purchased items on the Disneystore website. They have some "park exclusive" items (including autograph books, 2013 year themed items, vinylmations, etc...) and when they have a 25% off sale, you can use the discount for these items.

-Beth

england
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Disney Stuff and Novelties

The outlet stores can be hit and miss...last trip I got loads of stuff some of which was still for sale in the parks...one item was $2.99 and yet it was $11.99 in the parks. Some is off season or seconds but on the whole is still good.

I buy stuff from Wal-Mart but it is not on the same par as disney. If you just want something that says Disneyworld then it's fine.