We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone had to get two separate reservstions?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
162 posts
Save Topic
Anyone had to get two separate reservstions?

I am going August 3rd -18th. I booked directly thru disney. They said I cant do all those days in one package. So I will check in August 3rd as one day. Then check in for my second reservation August 4-18. I am hoping pop century will not make me check into a room on the 3rd then have to switch rooms the very next day. Anyone else have to do this..and not switch rooms?

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,007 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone had to get two separate reservstions?

I have had back to back reservations at the same Disney resort several times.. Just let them know when you get there. You'll probably have to check in a second time but won't have to change rooms.

I usually just get up early and take care of business before we head out for the day.

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
725 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone had to get two separate reservstions?

i just booked all star music with two reservations... i hope we don't have to move. Disney told me to just keep reminding them that we want to stay in the same room and we can go to the front desk at 7am to exchange our keys in for the new ones. We had to do it that way to get the free dining...

West Kilbride...
Level Contributor
972 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone had to get two separate reservstions?

We had to do this last year. We were allowed to stay in the same room, however make sure you get new keys, as they didn't tell us and we had so much hassle.

tucson, az
Level Contributor
3,869 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone had to get two separate reservstions?

I would suggest calling them a week or two- or even a month in advance and reminding them that you have two reservations; this should let them make internal notes to not move you and not to put you in a room that is only available for one night in the first place.

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,470 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone had to get two separate reservstions?

Note the two reservations, on both reservations, now. Four days before arrival, you can fax the hotel with a reminder. This is when your resort will be notified of your reservations.

The most important reminder is the one you give them when you check in. They will do their best to keep you in the same room.

Enjoy!

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
6,676 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone had to get two separate reservstions?

Did this in February at the Dolphin - I know it is Starwood, not Disney - and it was no problem at all. They even slipped my new keys under the door around 3 am so I didn't have to waste time on the second check-in. Not sure if Disney has something like key delivery in place, but I do know that if you keep them informed it is no problem to not have to switch rooms.

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
162 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone had to get two separate reservstions?

Thanks!. So should I not do early online check in? Or just do a face to face check in...so I can also tell them when I get there.

tucson, az
Level Contributor
3,869 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone had to get two separate reservstions?

I would call them ahead of time as a nice FYI kind of thing. Your reservations may in fact already be linked in the hotel's computer system, but it never hurts to call.

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,470 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone had to get two separate reservstions?

You will still be "face to face" even with on-line check-in.

10. Re: Anyone had to get two separate reservstions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2014, 05:17