We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Why no Florida Supermarkets deliver

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Portsmouth...
Level Contributor
781 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Why no Florida Supermarkets deliver

Why is the US (Florida) so far behind the UK with regards to Supermarkets delivering?

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
15,684 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Why no Florida Supermarkets deliver

My guess: everyone has a car.

2. Re: Why no Florida Supermarkets deliver

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 16 June 2013, 16:05
manchester
Level Contributor
3,571 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Why no Florida Supermarkets deliver

Garden Grocer delivers

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,287 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Why no Florida Supermarkets deliver

Around here Stop and Shop supermarkets have a delivery service. My friend who doesn't drive uses it every week. I'm sure most towns/cities in America have at least one place that will deliver :)

south yorkshire...
Level Contributor
1,378 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Why no Florida Supermarkets deliver

i'm sure it will catch on.

My boys want to know why the UK dont have 'lazy banks'?? they mean the drive thru ones lol

Belfast, Northern...
Level Contributor
9 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Why no Florida Supermarkets deliver

So far behind? Lol. They're light years ahead of us with everything.

There is a convenience store practically on every corner and everyone has a car in the US. No massive need to offer a delivery service. Although as mentioned some places do offer it.

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
8,167 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Why no Florida Supermarkets deliver

Amazon is working on grocery delivery. In the 1990s, there were various attempts to set up grocery delivery services. They failed. An outfit named Schwan's has done food delivery, at least in some parts of the US, for many years.

Metro Orlando
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
3,982 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Why no Florida Supermarkets deliver

We're probably just too cheap. There used to be delivery services for things like milk and eggs, but folks stopped using them in the 60's and just got them at the store. Publix did a pilot program of filling orders via the internet to some more affluent areas in South Florida during the internet boom, but ended up abandoning the idea when almost nobody used it. I do occasionally see a truck from a company called Schwan's that delivers premium foods, but I don't know anybody who uses them.

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
1,732 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Why no Florida Supermarkets deliver

drive to store, do shopping, load in to car and drive back. it shouldn't take you too long?

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
1,641 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Why no Florida Supermarkets deliver

Sometimes at home i do an online shop with Tesco etc.. But even if it was on offer in Orlando i wouldnt use it.. Love a good old rummage round Walmart and Publix :)