We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Couple of questions-florida 2015

UK
Level Contributor
333 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Couple of questions-florida 2015

Hi all,

Just a few quick questions. We are going to Orlando 2015 and hoping to book early next year.

-If we're restricted to school hol times due to the new rules coming in then when in school hols should we go? (Originally we were planning in oct half term with 1 week either before or after-bit gutted if we won't be able to do this :( )

-How soon after Xmas will we be able to book?

Thanks in advance.

pa
Level Contributor
54,251 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Couple of questions-florida 2015

October is a wonderful time to visit but if that turns out to be impossible for you, August wouldn't be awful, it will be less crowded than July

As far as booking, where do you hope to stay ?

UK
Level Contributor
333 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Couple of questions-florida 2015

We're not sure yet.We're doing it as a family holiday for 3 generations -so my parents,me and husband and our 2 children who will be 7 and 5, as it is my dad's 60th birthday,my 30th and our 30th and 10th wedding anniversaries respectively.

We are hoping for a 3 bed villa with a private pool hoping to do all disney parks,discovery cove (aware youngest wont be able to swim with the dolphins but my husband doesn't want to either),sea world and universal.would also like to do the airboat/gator thing-is that the Everglades?also considering a night at a universal hotel so we can get into park early for harry potter world.my dad has this notion of going for 3 weeks and doing the keys as well!going to leave Busch gardens until they're older (if we go back).

UK
Level Contributor
333 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Couple of questions-florida 2015

Forgot to add-we have friends who go every 1-2years and they use a guy who takes a deposit and books everything independently (this makes the flights cheaper as he buys in bulk) then we can pay off the rest bit by bit.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cocoa Beach
Level Contributor
2,574 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Couple of questions-florida 2015

Sounds like a nice family trip, but that's a lot for one week.

There are several airboat rides around Orlando and Cocoa Beach, so you don't need to go all the way to the Everglades for that.

UK
Level Contributor
333 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Couple of questions-florida 2015

We're going to go for 2 weeks as travelling from uk so probably won't cost much more in flights or tickets to go for 2 weeks.what I meant was October half term (1week when kids off school) with the second week either before or after half term so they only miss one week of school.

Hartlepool, United...
Level Contributor
134 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Couple of questions-florida 2015

Hi

We went last two weeks of summer holidays last year - I think we left UK on August 16th. The first week was busy but manageable, second was much quieter than we expected and we were told schools in Florida had gone back. Weather was uncomfortably hot at times and there was a hurricane over a few days but everything stayed open mostly and it didn't spoil our trip

Angela

UK
Level Contributor
333 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Couple of questions-florida 2015

Photo-I will look at the airboat rides near Orlando.

Angela-thanks for sharing your experience of going for the second half of august.

south yorkshire...
Level Contributor
1,378 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Couple of questions-florida 2015

Hiya,

we will be taking our boys out either way, if you have until then to save you could just save the extra they will fine you and go in October anyway, it is a great time to go.

Level Contributor
1,076 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Couple of questions-florida 2015

Hi. We are going this October 17-31, taking in half term week.

Yes the rules on absence from school have been tightened but amazingly we just got my 5 yr old absence back authorised. I was gov smacked. So there is hope.

After this year we will do the last 2 weeks in August I think. I only wanted them to miss school once when they are v young. I have been in August before and had a brilliant time although it is hot and humid.

The weather and Halloween party are the main draws for us in October.

Sheffield
Level Contributor
11 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Couple of questions-florida 2015

Boggy creek in orlando does airboat rides, but don't go when day at hottest go early morning or everything is hiding, we are also hoping to go again in 2015, Disney magical villa http://www.disneymagicalvilla.com/index.html this is owned by a uk family from Bridlington, I have stayed in it the photos are as it is beautiful 4 bedroom she is a childminder so it is also child friendly