We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting in May -v- Visiting in October

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Winchester...
Level Contributor
11 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Visiting in May -v- Visiting in October

Hi all, we are having a dilemma as to whether to book to go to Orlando next year for the last couple of weeks in May (or last week May/first week June) or the last couple of weeks in October (or last week Octo/first week Nov). Has anybody visited over both of these periods and can give advice on weather and queuing please? Thank you.

pa
Level Contributor
53,897 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting in May -v- Visiting in October

Welcome to the forum

We have gone many times, at both those times of the year and would pick October for sure. Lower crowds and Epcot's Food And Wine Festival would be two of the reasons :)

South Dakota
Level Contributor
4,496 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting in May -v- Visiting in October

October. Will most likely be cooler. The end of May will coincide with Memorial Day weekend, which is a nationwide school holiday and would most likely mean more people in the parks. Some of the schools in the midwestern US are already out the first week in June and I know many families from my area head down to Disney as soon as school gets out.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,034 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting in May -v- Visiting in October

This is a case where looking at average temps would be deceptive. May and October would look similar, but there is a marked difference with May moving toward Summer and October toward Fall. Unless you like it sultry then I would favor October for more pleasant weather and also more notable special events. Crowds will be moderately heavy at both times.

Playa Flamenca...
Level Contributor
3,733 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visiting in May -v- Visiting in October

You will have more chance of rain in May/June better weather in Oct.

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
13,415 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visiting in May -v- Visiting in October

I would go in October. We have been the last 4 years (2nd and 3rd weeks) and had fantastic weather with very little rain. We did have a short cold snap one year but as long as you have a few clothes with you that you can layer, you will be fine.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,754 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visiting in May -v- Visiting in October

I went the first week in June last year and the last week on October. I would definitely pick October over June, June is too hot, too busy & too wet. october was busyish but not too bad and the weather was 100% better than June.

Manchester...
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Visiting in May -v- Visiting in October

Is it still going to be hot enough for sunbathing and waterparks in October? My OH wants to do the halloween stuff this time but I'm worried Its not gonna be hot enough. We went in may previously

pa
Level Contributor
53,897 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Visiting in May -v- Visiting in October

It will still be plenty Hot Enough for Swimming and sunbathing, not too worry

Last October we were swimming til Midnight :-)

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,272 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Visiting in May -v- Visiting in October

I would pick the first two weeks of may, but if it is last may/first June then I would pick October.

Manchester...
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Visiting in May -v- Visiting in October

Sounds good, our next trip to orlando will be our honeymoon so need to come back with a tan :) we only came back a month ago and are missing it sooooo much, addicted to these forums now too