We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New details on My Magic+

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
107 reviews
Save Topic
New details on My Magic+

From today's WDWMagic.com:

wdwmagic.com/other/mymagicplus/news/25jun201…

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
471 reviews
from US$54.99*
US$59.00
Kennedy Space Center and Everglades...
187 reviews
from US$128.99*
Special Offer
3-Attraction Ticket: The Coca-Cola...
14 reviews
from US$49.99*
US$87.87
Kennedy Space Center Ultimate...
77 reviews
from US$168.99*
NJ
Level Contributor
1,149 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New details on My Magic+

Are they hinting at when they will roll it out for all resort guests?

Indiana
Level Contributor
1,517 posts
414 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New details on My Magic+

The only issue I see is if they run out of time slots before the park even opens. I'm not sure what the % is of Disney Resort guests are compared to not Disney Resort, but I would think Non-DR guest out number DR pretty good. If I were Disney, I sure wouldn't want to tick off 70% of my guests as soon as they get to the park. One thing nice about the current FP system is that there are a lot of people that don't use them, so I'm not up against every single guest in the park trying to get a FP on Peter Pan or whatever. If it comes down to having to "book" your FP on Toy Story Mania 60 days in advance or you don't get one (like 180 days on popular dining), then the system is broken before it even gets going.

We'll be staying on property this Dec. so maybe we can give them a try and see what they're like.

Edited: 25 June 2013, 15:25
england
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New details on My Magic+

Frank d...I really can't see that they would distribute all the fast passes in one time slot prior to the day. Since you are limited to 4 rides a day and have to pick am, pm, all day, they will be able to give whatever time they want within that time period. They will probably give out a percentage of the fast passes prior to the day then the rest at the machine. Let's face it we have all got to a ride at sometime only to find all fast passes already distributed at least one time during our visit.

Perhaps if disney did a system similar to universal...then there would be a problem.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,694 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New details on My Magic+

See, I originally thought you would get to pick an exact time for your Fast Pass designations, but now they are saying "four time periods" like early, mid day, late, or all day. The system will still be "picking" your Fast Pass exact return time, which I hope you will know when you "schedule" it and not "the day of" per se.

I'm still not 100% sure what those of us with left over days on older tickets are going to do when we book a "room only" with no ticket purchase at a Disney resort. If those "wrist band batteries" are only good for three years, but you will be taking longer than than to use up you days (I buy 10-day no expiration tickets normally and use over several years), what happens after the batteries die?

I think they are going to have a lot of problems to iron out with this system, which is probably one reason why it's taking so long to roll out fully.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,229 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New details on My Magic+

I know that no one really knows how this is going to go until it's up & running.

I can see there are some perks to this my magic + system, but at the moment I think it's a stupid idea!! ;0)

Edited: 25 June 2013, 17:27
Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New details on My Magic+

lol kooky, me too!

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New details on My Magic+

I guess if it really were a good idea other theme parks would be rushing to imitate it.

pa
Level Contributor
54,442 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: New details on My Magic+

No other park is rushing to do anything so I am giving a big thumbs up to Disney for even trying something New. I love anything new and can't wait to see how this all plays out. I am looking forward to using it.

As a side note to Kat, I think Disney will give you a new band if your battery runs out, just like if your ticket has gone through the wash one too many times :)

Cheshire
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New details on My Magic+

I think this could really help us actually. We aren't particularly early risers on holiday, so there was a danger that we'd miss out on some of the fastpass rides or need to stand in very long queues.

This way, if we can make bookings for the middle of the day we should be OK. It will also probably benefit the early risers because the parks may be quieter in the mornings if people don't need to rush there?

I haven't seen any updates though on whether everyone can use it, or just resort guests? If it is just resort guests, I'd expect the resort prices may creep up a bit!

edinburgh
Level Contributor
3,017 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: New details on My Magic+

I'm glad AP holders are going to use it, won't be much use for the first few weeks after I pick mine up. Should be alright for the next visit.