We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lake Buena Vista

Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Lake Buena Vista

So we have decided that we want to stay in lbv, 2a 2ch age 13 and 8. We have never been to Florida and noticed lbv is located either side of the i4. Does anyone have a preference to which side they prefer? We will be hiring a car

Tia x

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Lake Buena Vista

I'd say staying on neater the downtown Disney area is probably best. There are plenty of hotels on this side such as the Hilton. It would been on a nighttime your not so confided to your hotel.

You could easily walk into downtown Disney from here and browse the shops and restaurants. You could also walk to the shopping and dining complex crossroads from here, giving you more choice. Crossroads has restaurants such as McDonald's, TGI Fridays and also some nice family friendly bars.

Downtown Disney is such a lovely location and you'd be hard pushed to dine at all the restaurants before you leave.

Hope this helps

Mentioned in this post
Hilton Orlando
Hilton Orlando
5,644 Reviews
Orlando, FL
McDonald's
McDonald's
690 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
9,084 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lake Buena Vista

Lake Buena Vista was originally a cluster of non-Disney hotels on the Disney property next to Downtown Disney. The term has expanded to include hotels some distance away, such as the Caribe Royale and Lake Buena Vista Resort & Spa.

Hotels west of I-4 have good access to the 50 bus that goes into Disney World and several are across from Downtown Disney. The more distant ones east of I-4 are accessible only by car.

Mentioned in this post
Buena Vista Suites
Buena Vista Suites
1,162 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Caribe Royale Orlando
Caribe Royale Orlando
3,752 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa
Lake Buena Vista Resort...
9,156 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Lake Buena Vista

Thanks for the replies, I will focus my hotel search west of i4 👍

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,362 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lake Buena Vista

Have a look at two bedroomed apts in Grand Villas or Cypress Pointe

Mentioned in this post
Cypress Pointe Resort
Cypress Pointe Resort
1,152 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Kilkenny, Ireland
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lake Buena Vista

We stayed in Sheraton Vistana Resort LBV last week and loved it - 2 bed unit

Mentioned in this post
Sheraton Vistana Resort Villas- Lake Buena Vista
Sheraton Vistana Resort...
7,175 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Edinburgh
Level Contributor
850 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lake Buena Vista

i have stayed at the sheraton vistana resort a few times now and loved it. previous to that we stayed at the marriot village and this year staying at the sheraton vistana villages for the second time and i much prefer that opposite to the floridays

Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Lake Buena Vista

I asked the question of "which side of i4" as I liked the look of Sheraton Vistana, Hawthorn Suites I also liked as its got really good reviews on TA and seems a lot smaller. Ooooh really don't know which I'm going to go for 😕

Will have a look at Cypress Pointe also thanks x

Edited: 28 June 2013, 20:35
Mentioned in this post
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Orlando Lake Buena Vista
Hawthorn Suites by...
2,420 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Cypress Pointe Resort
Cypress Pointe Resort
1,152 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,362 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lake Buena Vista

Vistana is great.

Lovely resort with great sized apts and a good selection of pools and nice to walk around the resort in the evening.Its on the other side of the 4 from Cypress Pointe but in a lovely safe area with lots of shops and restaurants nearby

Wherever you choose I suggest that with two kids you are far better off being in an apartment with plenty of space

Mentioned in this post
Cypress Pointe Resort
Cypress Pointe Resort
1,152 Reviews
Orlando, FL
UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
49,243 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lake Buena Vista

Vistana is just fine, but is the 'wrong' side of I4. I repfer to be closer to DTD myself.

I have stayed at Cypress Pointe numerous times. You'll want at least a 2 bed there.

Mentioned in this post
Cypress Pointe Resort
Cypress Pointe Resort
1,152 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Island of Anglesey...
Level Contributor
246 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Lake Buena Vista

We stayed in sheridon vistana in 2009 and its was lovley.they appartments were great. This Oct we are staying at Cypress Pointe never stayed here before so just hope its lovley.ha.

Mentioned in this post
Cypress Pointe Resort
Cypress Pointe Resort
1,152 Reviews
Orlando, FL