We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transportation from Orlando airport to WDW hotel

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
austin,tx
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Topic
transportation from Orlando airport to WDW hotel

What is the best transportation for two people from the Orlando airport to WDW hotel? From what I read the shuttle service takes 2+ hours to get from airport to hotel due to so many stops. A limo is a $100 but might be worth it to save 2 hours. We are only going to be at WDW 1.5 days.

IL
Level Contributor
7,205 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transportation from Orlando airport to WDW hotel

Hello seawolf,

It only took 35 minutes to get from the airport to the Yacht and Beach Club when we used Magical Express Service. We've also taken town cars from the Orlando airport with Mears Transportation and it's taken just as long. We loved the Magical Express Service as it was so nice not to have to deal with our luggage at the airport and simply have it delivered to our room.

Manchester N.H.
Level Contributor
11,157 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transportation from Orlando airport to WDW hotel

Hi Seawolf,

I took 'magical Express" in Jan, so I can only speak for my own experience. However, there was not heavy traffic that evening, and it didn't take very long. I was much too busy talking to a bunch of excited newcomers, and giving them my "hot tips" to actually notice the time. Disney schedules their buses to go to to certain areas....ie Magaic Kingdom area bus....Epcot area bus, and so forth. If you're worried about your bags, you can grab them at the carousel and they will put them on the bus for you. Some people prefer keeping everything all together. I have no idea why anyone would have been on a bus or even a shuttle for 2 hours. Perhaps it was during rush hour, or an accident on the highway?? I'm just guessing. I always used to take Mears shuttle service (they're great), and they try their best to get people from the same hotel areas if they can....Have a fabulous time!

Tampa, Fl
Level Contributor
1,766 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: transportation from Orlando airport to WDW hotel

Why not just rent a car, they are dirt cheap in Fl. I myself hate any kind of "public transportation". As good as the transportation is in Disney, I still can never see being there without my own vehicle. This also allows you to make your own schedule of what you want to do and when.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
39,428 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: transportation from Orlando airport to WDW hotel

If you don't use Magical Express, rent a car.

Two easiest (and cheapest) ways to get around are by car or Disney transportation, hands down.

Fayetteville, AR
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: transportation from Orlando airport to WDW hotel

We used Disney's Magical Express in March (busy Spring Break season) and we were at our resort, checked-in and on our way to a water park in less than 2 hours. I agree with the other post that said unless there was traffic problems, then there is no reason why anyone should have taken that long. If there are traffic problems, it will slow you down no matter what mode of transportation you choose and I have rather be on an exciting Disney bus than in a boring car and having to drive in it myself.

Doylestown...
Level Contributor
688 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: transportation from Orlando airport to WDW hotel

Our family of four used Tiffany Town Car service. They were great. We also had a 20 minute grocery stop for free. We did not have to wait in any lines and were in our hotel quickly. We will use them again next time we go.

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
19,889 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: transportation from Orlando airport to WDW hotel

Both Tiffany Town Car and Florida Town Car have been used by my family and are excellent. Both give you a grocery stop and the same driver both ways. I've also heard good things about Quicksilver.Using a car service is particularly good if you are traveling with kids;the driver meets you at baggage claim and helps you with the luggage rather than you having to drag it outside while hailing a cab.