We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How soon can I book for October 2015?

UK
Level Contributor
333 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
How soon can I book for October 2015?

Hi all,

Just wondered if anyone can tell me how long I'll have to wait until I can book for October 2015?I'm erring towards us staying in a villa (have found one we like) but would be tempted if there was a good value package in either an on or off-site hotel (do any of the disney rooms have a separate sleeping area for he kids-more like a suite I guess with cooking facilities?) esp if included disney dining (although I have no clue how this works if anyone can enlighten me?)

I'm worried about booking a villa now and then the flights not fitting in with dates/being too expensive when they are released 11 months before.Plus I prefer to pay a deposit for the whole thing then pay off bit by bit.

When do big tour operators like virgin/Travelocity/disney website etc release dates and prices for this time of year usually?thanks in advance.

Magic Kingdom Park
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Epcot
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
Water Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
pa
Level Contributor
54,442 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How soon can I book for October 2015?

Disney usually releases the Free Dining offer twice a year for UK Residents. It's been announced as early as January for the following year and then again in the Spring

You could price up a Disney Resorts Free Dining offer now for 2014, that will at least give you an idea of costs

Yes, there are Disney Suites with separate bedrooms. Most often the UK Agents will suggest/offer Saratoga Springs and Old Key west Resort Villas but there are other options

It is a bit early to book anything but it is never too early to start dreaming and planning :)

Edited: 28 June 2013, 20:41
UK
Level Contributor
333 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How soon can I book for October 2015?

Ok thanks I was thinking I wouldn't be able to start actually booking anything until after Christmas - so I guess I just have to focus on working extra shifts for the moment to get together a decent amount of money so that as soon as the right deal pops up I'll be in a position to book it!

england
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How soon can I book for October 2015?

if previous years are repeated...Free dining for uk residents is normally offered for most of the year..the exception being the school easter holidays and christmas time. It will first be available to book around March/april time..the offer will be free dining and a $200 gift card. this offer will last until the begining of july. Free dining is then not available again till around september time when it will be offered free dining with $100 gift card.

Do not book as soon as the prices for 2015 is released...wait until free dining is offered. However flights can be a bit of a gamble as they wont be available to book until around december 2014 and if you book direct with the airline you have to pay the lot upfront.

Saratoga springs and old key west are disney resorts that are really sold to uk residents and you can get a 35% room discount and free dining. both of these accomodations are delux and offer the full dining plan of 1 table service, 1 quick service and 1 snack per person per a night. If you book a moderate resort you will only get the qsdp which is 2 counter service meals and 1 snack per person per night. so it does depend what you prefer. Disney do a package which includes flights and you will get the benefit of the special offers...if you book through an agent such as virgin you rarely get the room discount.

If you want to book a villa and car hire then you will be better off booking though virgin or other agent.

UK
Level Contributor
333 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How soon can I book for October 2015?

Hi travelbug thank you for your detailed explanation of the disney dining plan for me.I have spoken to my husband and I think we are pretty much reaching the conclusion that a villa and car hire may be better suited to our family.Thus, I just have a quick question relating to the last point you made about villa hire-can you book specific villas with virgin/other agents-as when I price up based on next October it just says things like bronze florida villas etc-looks like you don't know exactly which villa or exactly where it is that you will be allocated?for peace of mind I'd rather know exactly where I'm staying before I arrive.

I've also found a villa I like and could book it now but then that's a massive risk if I have to wait until November next year for flights to be released but no doubt if I waited until then the villa would be booked up?!

Save Reply
5. Re: How soon can I book for October 2015?

I'm thinking about doing the same too... July 2015 tho cause of the restrictions of kids having days off school... I've seen a villa but when do flights come out? Thanks

leeds
Level Contributor
151 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: How soon can I book for October 2015?

I would also like to know when flights for July 2015 come out please thanks Kim

Redditch
Level Contributor
116 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How soon can I book for October 2015?

scheduled flights such as virgin and ba can be booked 11 months before you are due to fly back home, so for july 2015 it will be from late august to september 2014, october will be november to december 2014.

Charter such as Thomas cook will be sooner but not sure when exactly, perhaps will be about april when the new brochures go on sale.

uk
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How soon can I book for October 2015?

you can book with virgin 18mths ahead and still get a gud deal, as for villas v`s disney resort, i wld do a villa any day, and if u book with virgin u get a kids eat free card and u also get to go in universal islands an hr before the park opens, so u get to do all the harry potter stuff before the crowds are let in. x

UK
Level Contributor
333 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How soon can I book for October 2015?

Have pm'd you too.didn't realise about the early entry to universal when booked with virgin (was assuming we'd have to book a universal hotel for 1 night of our stay to make use of that).is that when booking park tickets with virgin or does it have to be a whole package and park tickets or just a package iyswim?!

Aren't the villas allocation on arrival though?that puts me off a bit.thanks

Sheffield
Level Contributor
16 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How soon can I book for October 2015?

if you book with virgin or travel city associate of virgin you pay a deposit and then pay 12 wks before for fly drive