We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Universal Express Passes

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
305 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Universal Express Passes

Just wondering if there is a big reduction on wait times with these passes in JULY !

We prefer the water rides as opposed to the big coaster rides and don't want to shell out extra unless they are of considerable benefit considering we won't be using all the rides !

... Has anyone actually used these in July ?? and how long approx would the wait be with them ...

Thanks :).... 3 Days 20hrs & 41 mins not that l'm counting lol

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,754 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Universal Express Passes

When you get there check out the lines if they are long you can buy them at the park .I wouldn't buy them in advance, get to the parks early and you'll be surprised how quickly you can get on the rides. it's alot of money to shell out if they are not really needed.

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Universal Express Passes

Why not just see what the park is like on the day and then get the express passes if you need to. If you do not plan to do all the rides just get to the park early. You could probably do most of the ones you want to before the park gets too busy anyway.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,754 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Universal Express Passes

Snap MrMarcoos!

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
305 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Universal Express Passes

Thanks guys ....l read on TA that one of the queues was 170 mins at Universal ??? Is that exceptional ? l know its alot of $$$ for 4 of us but theres no way l could stand in a queue for that amount of time :( ...... l can't believe how the theme parks get away with selling ppl tickets for rides that you have to wait 2hrs for .... either sell less tickets or have more rides ?? Seems bizarre it's just something that surprised me on my 1st visit to Disney .... l genuinely didn't expect such vast queues ( naive or what lol )

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Universal Express Passes

either sell less tickets or have more rides ??

===============

Not going to happen... Instead of having a rant at Universal and expecting 2-3 hour queues, please take the advice given to you at posts 1 and 2. Get to the park before it opens and you'll be fine.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
305 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Universal Express Passes

Mr Marcoos no harm in having a rant lol although more an observation than a rant !

I think I'll go with express - they guarantee no more than 30 min queues and that's long enough (in fact too long at that ! )

Can't see mid July being anything but manic tbh Glad Universal offer the option although pricey

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Universal Express Passes

Okey dokey, apologies. Enjoy yourself. Universal is great (I'm just jealous it's not me).

Edited: 30 June 2013, 20:32
Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,754 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Universal Express Passes

I would still wait until you get there. We have been at Easter and it's surprising what you can get done early in the mornings before the hoards arrive.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
305 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Universal Express Passes

Will do USLovers ! .. worth a try & thank you :)

3 Days 11 Hrs & 31 mins lol !! So excited :)

ireland
Level Contributor
287 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Universal Express Passes

Anne - we were in Universal last sunday to wednesday and it was very busy, we stayed on site so had the unlimited express ride passes, I'm guessing that the 170 minute wait you are referring to was most like for either Harry Potter or Transformers. The express pass was a godsend for us as it was seriously hot but as others have said, if you get to the park before 8am and get in line and walk very fast to the particular ride you want, you may well not need it. boo hoo, we're coming home in 6 days......