We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 memory

Level Contributor
127 posts
1 review
Save Topic
1 memory

What is the one memory/moment that sticks out on your holiday to America that will live with you forever?

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
1,732 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 memory

I have to say, walking out of the subway near times square and looking up for the very first time. Just awe inspiring... Now i hate TS and try avoid it like the plague haha.

Level Contributor
127 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 memory

Sorry forgot to put "Orlando" not america

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1 memory

For me it's that sweet orlando smell as soon as you walk of the plane. Ill never forget that.

Blackwood, United...
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1 memory

Seeing the Grand Canyon for the first time

(these posts aren't Orlando related so they might be closed shortly !! )

Blackwood, United...
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1 memory

Just read post # 2 !!

Yeovil, United...
Level Contributor
482 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1 memory

My children's face the first time we arrived at the Magic Kingdom!

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
1,732 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 1 memory

Orlando related.... Either, the heat from leaving the plane the first ever time or watching lizards walk along the sidewalk. Never seen anything like it before.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 1 memory

The first time I had my photo taken with Mickey Mouse, 1981!! and I have had it taken with him on every trip since. He never ages!! Shame I can't say the same about me!! lol

Somerset
Level Contributor
119 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 1 memory

Seeing the Castle at MK Lit up for the Christmas Party, still makes tears well up thinking about how stunning it was.....I know I am such a girl but its my happy place

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
52,622 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 1 memory

My best memory from Orlando is probably December 1971.

The Magic Kingdom had only been open 7 weeks or so and we split a stay at the Contemporary and the Poly. For a kid raised on Disneyland, everything at WDW was so big, so new, so cutting edge.

I thought the idea of a monorail going through the hotel was going to be the wave of the future and you'd see that in NYC, LA and other places before long. Sadly that never happened, but WDW has never lost me or my interest nor my family's. My parents are taking one of their grandsons (one of my sons) and their great grand children in October to introduce a fourth generation to WDW.