We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

United airlines film and food what to expect!

plumbridge
Level Contributor
157 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
United airlines film and food what to expect!

I've recently discovered that i'm not flying with Aer Lingus but United Airlines instead.

Not too much of a problem i just don't know anything about them.

I am flying this Saturday on a A330 airbus does any one know what facilities it has? e.g seat back entertainment, complementary meal and soft drinks.

Kirkcaldy, United...
Level Contributor
652 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: United airlines film and food what to expect!

I flew with them in April/may.

Although I was on a different plane to you there was lots of entertainment choice with music, short tv shows and movies. I didn't find any of the movies appealing to myself but that's just me. There was Skyfall and a few other new ones as well as older movies.

Soft drinks were complimentary and was fruit juices and fizzy juice. They came through the cabin pretty regularly for drinks.

Food I can't think what the main meals were. Sure it was a chicken curry dish on the way out and a chicken pasta dish on the way back. There was a beef choice too. 1 of the snacks was a turkey and cheese panini and crisps. This was pretty tasty.

2. Re: United airlines film and food what to expect!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 03 July 2013, 17:48
Edited: 03 July 2013, 17:48
Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: United airlines film and food what to expect!

Sorry don't know what happened there!! lol Take a look at seat guru for IFE details.

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
49 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: United airlines film and food what to expect!

I flew with them last month for the first time (have flown both BA & Virgin before) & no problems. You can get the entertainment schedule on their website but they had a fairly good selection old & relatively new as well as music & games. Soft drinks & food (although very poor but then isn't it all unless premium class) are complimentary & they did pass through fairly regularly (prob more so than the last time I went with Virgin tbh) Wouldnt hesitate to use them again.

Devon UK
Level Contributor
939 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: United airlines film and food what to expect!

That's reassuring Blondie_O as we are flying with them for the first time in October and had heard so much about the poor feedback they had been getting.

Godalming, United...
Level Contributor
558 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: United airlines film and food what to expect!

Good news re: soft drinks. I assumed you'd have to pay for those.

We're flying with them next month so I'll report back with how they were as well.

Devon UK
Level Contributor
939 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: United airlines film and food what to expect!

Look forward to hearing your TR thenCJKirby and your feedback re United

8. Re: United airlines film and food what to expect!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 July 2014, 06:19