We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best beaches?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Island of Anglesey...
Level Contributor
246 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best beaches?

Whats the best beach around the kissimee area please.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,399 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best beaches?

You have Clearwater beach on the gulf side or cocoa beach on the Atlantic coast amongst others. Both are a drive so you would need a car. Alternatively you can go to Typhoon lagoon and play in the sand there while listening to some cool music.

Anstruther, United...
Level Contributor
112 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best beaches?

I would definitely go Gulf coast side, beaches there are amazing! Clearwater area beaches are really nice, the further south you go the better IMO though. Venice and Manasota Key beaches are our faves.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
510 posts
1,635 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best beaches?

Agree about the Gulf coast having some of the best beaches. If you go further south from Clearwater it gets slightly less touristy. We tend to drive down the road parallel to the beach and just stop when we find a nice spot.

Island of Anglesey...
Level Contributor
246 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Best beaches?

Thank you so much. We are staying on Lake Buena Vista so will have a car so how long will it take from where were staying to get to the beach? We are doing most of the parks but not M.K Epcot or wet n wild so will have chilled out days in waterparks but the rest of the family fancied a beach day.we are there Oct 20th-3rd Nov.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
510 posts
1,635 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best beaches?

It depends on how far down the coast you decide to go, plus sometimes the traffic on the I4 heading into Tampa can be heavy. However I'd say 1.5 hours, as a min.

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
8,352 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best beaches?

The Atlantic beaches arguably have cleaner water.

www.nrdc.org/water/oceans/ttw/guide.asp

Clearwater and St. Petersburg are part of a large urbanized area (not exactly a city in the normal sense, more of an Orlando-sized blog, but bigger, 4 million if you include everything). Nearly everyone goes everywhere by car, so there's lots of traffic.

The Atlantic beaches are a bit closer. Even my town of Vero Beach (usually small waves due to the reefs, genteel retiree-oriented pedestrian ambience) is less than two hours.

England
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best beaches?

If I could only go to one area of coastline it would probably be the coastline of Anna Maria Island. Specifically the area known as Bean Point.

Really beautiful. tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g29166-d26…

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,680 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best beaches?

If you want to see the ocean and have some fun in the waves, east coast all the way :)

Dennyloanhead...
Level Contributor
37 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best beaches?

When I was in Orlando in Feb I went to the Daytona 500. I had a hotel In New Smyrna Beach for two nights. Beach was gorgeous. And so was the water. I was staying on international drive. It was a 1 hour drive to get there.

Portsmouth...
Level Contributor
781 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best beaches?

Venice or Longboat Key for us