We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boo! No holiday for us this year : (

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester
Level Contributor
3,095 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Boo! No holiday for us this year : (

Was supposed to be doing a last minute holiday again this august with the other half and kids. Now hes had a serious accident at work on Tuesday last week and is still in hospital after nearly losing his arm and worse.Disappointed that we cant go this year now but just happy i didn't lose him.

Looks like summer 2014 now at the earliest but i suppose waiting makes it better in the end, we was going to get married in Vegas too in October but at least we haven't lost any money has hadn't booked anything as always do it all last minute.Glad i hadn't bought any tickets too.

Was a bit gutted watching the regional news last night listening to them go on about Dreamliner but it will still be waiting for us next year suppose. Will have to go for 3 or 4 weeks next year to make up for it.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boo! No holiday for us this year : (

Oh no bunny....gosh I do hope your partner makes a speedy recovery!! Sounds like a horrific, painful injury so yeah be grateful you've still got him. Orlando isn't going anywhere :-)

It will be all the better for having to wait a bit longer. Who knows you may be able to afford extra things due to waiting too!! Good luck in getting back to normality for your family. We had our son in hospital for a week a couple of months ago with an infection and antibiotics just wouldn't shift it. Eventually a very strong dose got it but it's scary at the time. We take so much for granted every day.

At least the 2014 prices will be out on the 10th so you can have an idea of costs.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,229 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boo! No holiday for us this year : (

Oh no.... So sorry to here that Bunny. I hope your OH makes a speedy recovery ...

If you go next Aug, we may bump into you. We're booked for our 1st ever August trip in 2014!

Sending lots of get well wishes x

3. Re: Boo! No holiday for us this year : (

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10 July 2013, 10:35
Quigley's Point...
Level Contributor
2,763 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boo! No holiday for us this year : (

Im sorry to hear that ...wishing your partner a speedy recovery :-)

Annie

Quigley's Point...
Level Contributor
2,763 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boo! No holiday for us this year : (

sunngod are you for real ????

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
1,641 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Boo! No holiday for us this year : (

She cant travel to Orlando this year so that is to do with Orlando travel!

south yorkshire...
Level Contributor
1,378 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Boo! No holiday for us this year : (

Hope your OH is feeling better soon, wish him a quick recovery!!

I am also counting sleeps til next year, you are not alone, more time to plan though. :0)

Quigley's Point...
Level Contributor
2,763 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Boo! No holiday for us this year : (

agree Beverley and she is letting us know she will be traveling there in 2014

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,004 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Boo! No holiday for us this year : (

So sorry, I definitely feel your pain. DH had surgery last year that forced me to cancel my annual December Girly Trip, things like that are just upsetting on so many fronts. On one hand you're worried about a loved one, on the other you're disappointed at missing your much anticipated trip. If I'd had a third hand it would have been for all of the the guilt I felt for worrying about a vacation when hubby was so sick :-(

Hope your OH is quickly on the mend and you're back to planning soon!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Boo! No holiday for us this year : (

Exactly Annie spot on...which is why I mentioned that the 2014 prices are soon to be released to help bunny plan for her trip next year!! Gee whiz, sometimes we don't need to type everything we think sungod :(

Edited: 09 July 2013, 14:42