We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotelbeds Florida

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Taunton, United...
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hotelbeds Florida

Just like to say how we had our holiday in April 2013 totally ruined,By Hotelbeds Florida Manager is a Liverpool lady with a bad attitude.Sent us to Sandy lake villa which was badly runned down area.our children saw bins all tipped over.people in the street shouting abuse at each other.Went back to hotelbeds and as to be moved.Liverpool Lady Which found it all amusing.said she we would not be moved,we should be happy with the villa,with amount of money we had paid.said there wasn't any other villas available BUT tryed getting us to pay and extra $400 to have a villa in Lake Berkley.And said next time pay extra to have a named propery.and then she started to walk away.with a big grin on her face,We asked for a refund so we could use the money for a hotel,she walked back to us and said.NO REFUND will be given,So we asked if we could talk to someone higher than her.She said she would ring someone to see what they had to say about moving us to another villa,After over half a hour we asked how long is she going to be we have been here for well over and hour so far.my husband said my mother inlaw is nearly 89 years of age and i have 3 children in the car.its way to HOT out there to be sat in the car.the person who worked there said he would find out.he came back and said she shouldn't be long.10 minutes later she came out and said No you will have to pay if you want to move.or you can down grade to a 3 bedroom villa,You will not get any money back for down grading.By now we were getting worried about my mum and children in the car.so we went away to have a drink and to calm down and have a good think about what to do, i said i will go back and talk to her again,which i did i was in tears with scared children not wanting to stay at Sandy Ridge.I told the Liverpool Lady i was going to get on to Travelrepublic and let them no how we had been treated by her and that she had ruined our holiday.She said DON'T DO THAT i will get you a villa.and went in her office for about 20mins and came back with a different villa on the 27 for us.Not the area we wanted to stay in buy any villa would be better than Sandy ridge area.when we got to the villa on the 27, it had dirty baking trays with food still on them,a leak in the cupboard under the sink,which smelt and dirty,and dirty cooker.also broken screen in the pool area.we took photos of it all apart from the broken screen,and showed Hotelbeds the next morning.The person that worked there said WOW thats not good will get someone out to sort it.next morning a cleaner turned up cleaned it all,took dirty backing trays away,and said she will be back with some new baking trays in the morning(She never did return with any)Since returning from our holiday.we have made a complant to travelrelations.have just recieved a reply from the Liverpool manager after nearly 7 weeks.SHE HAS LIED right through the whole letter,also said their wasn't any dirty baking trays no broken pool screen,and we were happy with the villa.She said she would not be compensating us in any because she gave us such a big up grade on the second villa.She only kept us 20 mins,also said we asked for our money back before even seeing the villa at Sandy Lake.NOT TRUE.ITS ALL LIES,I would say in total she wasted 2 hours of our hoilday,somethink that could have been sorted out in less than half and hour.so upsetting.we are now ready to show Travelrelation our photos of how bad her great up grade was.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
39,082 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotelbeds Florida

I'm very sorry about your bad experience. I hope you are able to return someday under much better circumstances.

Swansea, Wales
Level Contributor
357 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotelbeds Florida

Sorry about your bad experience! I've used Hotelbeds about half a dozen times, all being good. But this is food for thought, I'm feeling a little reluctant in using them again to be honest. Thank you for sharing.

Please dont it let it put you off, Florida is such a great place to go. I hope the next time you go it'll run more smoothly.

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
1,425 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotelbeds Florida

I,m saddened to hear your Story, This sounds to me to be a one off incident, Florida is a great place to go, But the word 'Liverpool' would have put me off straight away if i'd know that before booking.

Taunton, United...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotelbeds Florida

We have been going on holiday to the States for about 23 years now,And love it.American people have always been helpful and polite thats why we wouldn't holiday any where else than the States.I wanted to make people aware of this Company before traveling to Florida,because it would put you off traveling to the States again if it was your first time traveling there.It took a English Woman from Liverpool to give us the worse experence in the States.

Taunton, United...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotelbeds Florida

Alan I Quite agree with every word you have wrote.This Liverpool woman is trying to get extra money out of you,and trys to be little you by saying that you haven't payed much money for a villa,so be happy with what your given,if you want better pay a extra $400.We had already paid nearly £900 for 12 nights.

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
1,425 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotelbeds Florida

suzanne £900 sounds a little too much to me, What size is the Villa?

Taunton, United...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotelbeds Florida

It was a four bedroom with pool.12 nights stay and like you said for nearly £900 it wasn't cheap,and than tryed to get another $400 out of you.For another four bedroom villa,i was gob smacked.it was like dealing with cowboys,I will say the other people who worked for Hotelbeds were really nice.But just don't complain and ask to see the manager.They just need to get rid of the Liverpool manager and make sure the villa's have been cleaned properly before people stay in them.

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
1,425 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotelbeds Florida

I feel sorry for you, I know you feel terribly disappointed by your experience, If you decide to go back to Orlando and wish to stay in that area look at Staying near or at the Calabay Park area its down on the 27. Nice,well looked after properties. I personally would not use Hotelbeds again. Don;t let it put you off, The majority of people who go, normally return.

Uniontown, Ohio
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotelbeds Florida

Was beginning to think we were the only ones out there with such a bad experience with Hotel Beds and their "customer service." In July of this year we paid 2200.00 for 10 days in what we were told was to be superior accommodations. The Hotel Beds locations is musty and the people there are quite rude. (met your Liverpool "lady") We were greeted by them trying to extort another $39.00 from us for their "insurance." We declined to which they immediately charged $500.00 on our credit card with the promise that several days after we checked out it would be reimbursed. Unfortunately this was the best part of our stay.

We arrived to a home in similar disarray as the neighborhood you describe. The pictures I took from the outside looked like it had been abandoned. The home was incredibly hot with the air conditioner not in working order. The smoke detectors were beeping and the pool was green with toys still in the bottom. We walked around the home and found it to be about 1600 square feet with only 2 bathrooms in poor condition. The kitchen was antiquated the carpets were dirty. There was no internet available nor did the TV's work. I immediately called our travel agent. She began talking to Hotel Beds with the same reaction (they must be trained) If I wanted something nicer I should have paid more....Let me say this is our 7th July in Florida in a row we have NEVER had a problem with Villa Direct..All Star..or Lowery's which were companies we had rented from in the past. We paid less money and have never had an issue BEFORE we even moved in. I asked to move out before we had even unpacked a bag and they said they would get people out there to "fix"everything that should have been ready before we got there. They couldn't find us another place to move. I stopped by Lowery's and they found us a 4 bedroom 3 bath clean beautiful home for 1600.00. We asked for a refund because we were moving and they said the only way we could get a refund is if they re rented it...they had nothing else to offer. They in fact didn't re rent it and I am not sure they even tried to. When speaking to managers after we returned they lied just like your people did...The air was 72 when they got there...the pool was clean etc etc..I have pictures and know that 4 adults aren't crazy. The fact is they considered a 1557 square foot house with 2 bathroom that was supposed to sleep ten a superior home and charged 600.00 more for this awful experience. I paid 3800.00 10 days in Florida. Then when I get back I find that they double charged my credit card bill. Florida is wonderful and we will be back next year but NO ONE I know will ever rent from Hotel Beds ever again.

England
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotelbeds Florida

Guess what! We are sitting in a 5 bedroom villa in Florida which we booked through British Airways ( who paid Hotelbeds USA to allocate us one). While the rest of the villa is great, the single living area only sits 4 people comfortably (5 at a push). When we complained, Hotelbeds refused to do anything, saying it was not mandatory for there to be any more chairs provided. They then refused to move us or even upgrade us (even when we offered to pay a bit more for an upgrade). British Airways said it was Hotelbeds final decision. After one week of more complaining, British Airways supplied us with a futon, which was better than nothing.

Suffice to say, NEVER EVER use Hotelbeds and be aware that big travel providers like British Airways are using Hotelbeds as their ONLY villa provider in Florida. In essence, Hotelbeds are dictating to British Airways the level of service they provide to customers. BAD NEWS for those who want to book with a reputable company for the holiday of a lifetime.